Week 7 Run 1, Can I claim it?

Tonight was my first "long" run in the dark, the other longer ones in previous weeks have been at the weekend. I set off just as the 18:00 news was starting, Laura told me I was half way on the 25 minute run, a few minutes later I checked the ipod and I had 10 mins and 15 secs to go........a few seconds later (funnily enough another Lady Ga Ga track of my daughters) the ipod died. I carried on running my usual route and added on a bit extra for good measure, I know where my 5 minute warm down walk starts so I ran to there and then started to walk. As I neared home my husband was just walking to see if I had been mugged as I'd been a long time and the clock when back home showed 18:45, I think I ran for over 25 minutes so can I claim a victory? Also I've devised a new game for us, count the Christmas trees...3 tonight. I like to think that these people are celebrating the festive season early for a specific reason not just that they can't wait!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Of course you can 'claim it'! Sounds like a great run. Well done for getting out in the dark (and the freezing cold), I hate it!

• Oh yes claim run And what a caring husband

• Well done. You did better than good! You should be very pleased. Your husband is a good man! Mine would not have missed me until the following day at dinner time! LOL

You may also like...