And there I was thinking it will never happen to me and I will enjoy every single one of my runs, W6R1 was a rude awakening and brought me back pronto in runners world (yeah!! I have been "baptised" to see the positive in the situation).
On the run:
I started feeling tired I assume at approx. 2 minutes into the 8 minutes ( it felt like 8 minutes at the time if you'd ask me but obviously Laura wasn't convinced) I began to think (hoping, lets be frank) that when Laura comes on she'll be telling me I've got 60 second to go and should she tell me I was halfway I will collapse. Then it came " you are half way there you have run for 4 minutes" she said...
I couldn't continue, I had to walk I could not push anymore. I paused the podcast and walked, after a minute or so I decided to give it another go, ran for 3 minutes then I stopped something was wrong. I manage the 20 minute run last week and this was kicking my derriere WHY??? Nonetheless, I kept at it and managed the 8 minute runs on the fourth attempt and the 5 minute run and the third attempt.
I ran a total of 29 minutes including my failed attempts and walked 22 minutes (include warm up, recoop and cool down) I wasn't aiming for it and wasn't even happy when I realised I did 5.12 Km that session.
On the over analysing:
1. I worked over 28 hours in the last 2 days and slept very little I must have been tired (which I was, but really?)
2. I was sick at the weekend, now had a cold sore so my body must be under and attack of some kind (OK maybe but still)
3. I run after work and usually have nothing to eat between lunch and the run, I had 2 granola bar and plenty of water right before (my body like running on an emptyish stomach is that the message?)
4. Ran with a cottony jogging bottom instead of my usual capri pant the robbing against my thighs was awkward and my shirt was feeling weird, found out later it was inside out (clothing "malfunction")
5. The cast music was dreadful couldn't quite settle in a nice pace (worst music so far not that its usually good but god how bad is W6 music)
And the list goes on and on and on...
Should I do W6R1 again? I came into this week knowing the first 2 runs will be a piece of cake but now I am wondering if it's all downhill from now....
Will the enjoyment and excitement ever come back?
The word is DEMORALISED!!!