5K in 37 minutes!

5K in 37 minutes!

For anyone looking in, who is considering the couch to 5K plan....but feeling a little intimidated! I completed the programme and ran my first 5K today after not being able to run 60 seconds a few months ago. I really was that unfit! It was a couple of weeks ago that I did the final 30 minute run of the programme, but I hadn't reached the 5K mark. I've been doing 30 minutes running 4 times a week since. And, today I just went for it in the rain and managed the 5K in 37 minutes and could've easily gone on for more :-)

This famous movie scene came to mind when I'd finished it today :-)

Best wishes!

S x

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • WOOHOO! That is so awesome! You all are so inspiring. I will be finishing my training right around Christmas, so I am worried about not having a 5K to run until around March, but I suppose that will give me time to get a bit faster. 37 minutes is fantastic - Way to go!

What movie is that from? Looks familiar. Congratulations!

• There are park runs every Saturday, ours is a bit muddy now so I prefer road running at the moment, I'm not keen on the slippy slidy element! I just wanted to let you know that there is an opportunity for a 5k every week :0)

• So pleased you're doing the programme!! I wouldn't worry so much about the timings! I remember the first 20 minute run of the podcasts and going really slow. But! Speed and distance can come later - I am positive you will do great! :)))xx

• Well done, both on completed your 5km and for choosing a scene from the best film ever!

• What is the film ? I recognise it but can't remember title .

• Shawshank Redemption :)

• Congratulation and a great time too

• Congratulations, it's a fab feeling isn't it! Well done :-)

• Thank you so much! :-)))

So lovely to see the replies; even the waterproof mascara had a bit of a hard time on that run, I tell yer! Yes- it is Shawshank Redemption....one of my favourite films hehe! Very best wishes alll :-)))))xxx

• I thought that was Shawshank - from the very end, right? Love that movie :)

You may also like...