A day of firsts:
0. Woke up and emailed parkrun to volunteer on 19th October! (Gulp!)
1. First day of week 9 so first 30 min run ( wayhay!)
2. Risked a post birthday weigh day and discovered I have lost just over a stone (wayhay!). Can anyone explain why weight drops off in lumps? You go along for two weeks being good and nothing moves. You come up with all the excuses which involve water, hormones, work, etc and then one day a lump has dropped off. In my case 0.8kg which is nearly 2lb.
3. New trousers. Decided that I needed to wear longs not Capri as my shins are a bit whiny because they get chilly. Dug in the deep drawer of discarded sportswear and found a pair of long Skins that I bought cheap. Then performed the workout involved in putting on your skins and decided although they felt weird this was all good. I was now a stone smaller so now I would be comfortable in these things ...
4. New route. Embarked on slightly tweaked route so I could squeeze in two more minutes and started MMT and thought how at 7am the light is nice but it is definitely darker.
5. First 10 mins fine, second 10 mins on ground lovely, final 10 mins trickier and splits show my 2nd, 3rd and 4th km were very similar. But 4.68 km in 30 mins! Which rounds up to 5k!
6. First email from my new Fitbit saying that I am a champ! I love my Fitbit and my Fitbit loves me!
7. Brian at Parkrun emails to say 'Brilliant! See you at about 8.30'. I am going to a parkrun.
8. Perform martial art involved in taking off Skins - to discover they were on back to front! No wonder they felt weird!
So room for improvement - who knows what I could achieve if I put my trousers on the right way round!
Once again - Pink and smug!