Well, Week 9 looms and the impossible now has become acheivable. Very pleased with myself, for a. 52 year old, overweight and unfit male. I cruised through Week 8 Run 3 today, just felt the power and stamina all come together.
My observations of it all so far would be:
1. It's all very do-able and structured, without a doubt the best fitness programme I've ever used.
2. No weight loss or visible sign of gut reduction, yet I'm miles fitter and feel great mentally. Legs and bum feel more toned though..
3. Very motivated to carry on, not throwing all this away now. I am now a runner.
4. Definitely need to buy good running shoes, a must. They made a huge difference.
5. Don't need to spends loads on shiny kit, get on eBay for cheap technical t shirts, shorts and micro fleece for chilly days.
6. Dog owners are largely irresponsible and will let their dog go for your ankles, reassuring you cheerily " he won't bite". I now stop running and walk briskly past, seems to keep the dog calmer..
So, it's going very well, very pleased and sort of smug really, feel like I've found the key and only a select group of us are in on it!