Rainy today- what do you do?

W2R2 today and it looks rainy in London. I did two rainy runs in week 1, one in light rain which was actually enjoyable and one in an almost downpour which was hard work, I was totally drenched, cold and worried about ruining my iPhone!

I really don't want to miss my run as it will screw up my schedule... What do others do when it rains?

7 Replies

• I usually run, I keep my phone in an armband which seems to keep it safe.

• I also use an armband holder for my iPhone. Bought for next to nothing at Aldi or Lidl and it works perfectly and has kept the phone dry in monsoon conditions. I had also bought a very lightweight windproof jacket there previously (possibly a cycling one), one which packs down to an apple-sized ball, and I use that when it's tipping down. Keeps you warm to start and then it acts a bit like a wet suit... ;-)

• I do need to get a phone holder, I have previously just wrapped it up in a plastic bag which has done the trick if looking a bit shabby!

Part of the reason I forced myself to go out both rainy times in W1 was that I couldn't use it as an excuse not to in the future!

At the mo its looking grey and cool so will hope that it holds off and doesn't pour!

• Usually I just get on with it and it is never as bad as I think it will be. I do wear a peaked cap in the rain so keep it off my glasses!

Phone arm band is a good thing!

• Im going out to do w4r2 tonight. Gona get wet! Have to really or my progress will grind to a halt.

• I was worried that the rain would hinder my efforts tonight, as I had the challenge of W6 R3 ahead of me (25 mins of running straight!) But it actually made no difference whatsoever, so I know from now on that it doesn't matter if it's raining - I will go out anyway!

Good luck!

• I quite like running in the rain. Sometimes I find it difficult to get out of the house if it is raining, but as long as it isn't raining too hard, it actually helps with the running - I like the cool it brings. I just have to keep reminding myself that rain is good!

You may also like...