Week 9 Run 1 - a very slow success

It was slightly slower than week 8, but I plodded along on a slightly different route around the woods to try to make the 30mins feel less long. I reverted to my usual route when I discovered that my new one was more hilly and swampy though!

For this run I put a sports drink in my water bottles and although I quite liked the sugar energy boost, I didn't feel as though it quenched my thirst as much as water. I was trying not to drink that much so I didn't need to stop to go to the toilet though! Maybe next time I will have one little bottle of sports drink and one of water.

Good luck to everyone else on week 9!

10 Replies

• Hi big-momma! Good to know you've started week 9. It may have felt slow but is a lot faster than the couch! I have just this minute got back from a week 9 run and it's a good job I didn't wimp out because the sun really is hot - even at 9.00 - so I may not have finished if I'd gone any later in the day.

I have never tried those sports drinks and wondered if they would be good for Parkrun days. I will have to try one and see how I get on.

Good luck for the rest of the week. ONLY 2 MORE RUNS! You're almost there!

• Thanks! I very much doubt if I will only take 2 runs though! Glad that you are still determined to get the better of one of those park runs! :)

• Well done bm ! You are really close now....you are catching me up ! I'm due to do W9 R3 tomorrow morning...don't know at the moment if I will be able to,as my back is playing up,damn and blast the timing .I'm keeping everything crossed...never had to postpone a run so far....and really don't want to have to postpone the "Big G !"

All good wishes for the rest of W9 ....will be looking out for your graduation post ! Good luck :)

• Oh good luck if your back is up to it! I haven't had a major break since I pulled my knee muscles at the end of the first time I did week 2, but I have taken an extra recovery sometimes I think. Hope your back is fine soon anyway and I will look out for your Big G post soon!

• Good luck for tomorrow! Graduation on the way! Do be careful though and postpone if your back is niggling.

• Hey fast lady, you managed to slow down at last. This post seems more composed and confident. You are nearly there. Personally, I drink a glass of water before a run and then again afterwards, I don't want to carry anything with me while I am running, it's extra weight after all.

Good luck with the rest of week 9.

• Thanks. I hadn't really thought about the weight of the drink before. I already burn a huge amount of calories lugging my own weight around so I don't imagine I would notice a little extra too much though! It could be just a comfort blanket sort of prop though!

• Good to see you on W9!

Not far to go now, you'll soon have your lovely graduate badge big-momma.

• I really hope so! I have wanted such a stunning accessory for months!

• You are so nearly there! Good going!

You may also like...