Week 8 Run 3 - snail stylee

Hooray! I have finished Week 8. Third time lucky for Run 3. It was quite warm and I had consumed a couple of glasses of wine after a baptism yesterday, but I remembered the comments people made on my last post and tried to run even slower!

I don't have a heart rate monitor, but just slowed until I could continue without feeling that I was about to collapse. I still found it a struggle but I did finish the run at least. Surprisingly, my average pace ended up being slightly faster than usual. About 10.15 I think. I guess that I normally start off too fast and exhaust myself! Or maybe I just wear myself out with brief speedy spurts to avoid menacing mutts!

I have no idea how many attempts each week 9 run will take me. I so want to graduate though!

11 Replies

• Well done Big-momma! Slow and steady wins the race as I am finding out :)

I'm sure you'll manage week 9 no problems at all :)

• Thank you! Good luck with your next run too! :)

• WELL DONE! I am SO pleased for you! I knew you would do it! Only 3 more runs to go - and already the finish line is within your sights! BRILLIANT! Slow and steady works best. Along with the odd drop of wine from the sound of it!

Week 9 is not that much harder than 8 - and you've cracked week 8 now so you know you will be fine.

I am really pleased for you and wish you ALL THE VERY BEST for next week!

• Thank you very much! I am not going to try for any speed records with the 30mins! I am going to look for your latest post to see how your free running is going. :)

• I bunked off this morning. No excuse - just too lazy! Will try again in the morning!

• I think that we all need an extra recovery day occasionally! Hope that it goes well tomorrow.

• I have just this minute got home from teaching my bee course people and I always find afterwards I feel so knackered. I think it's the adrenaline rush and all that! I really must get out in the morning. I am hoping it will be really cold (clear sky tonight so it should be) There is no excuse for not going tomorrow is there?

• Well done for finishing W8. I knew you would do it, you are one determined lady! I'm sure the wine helped too...

On you go to W9 now & I'm sure you will take it in your stride. Only two more minutes per run, that's all!

I graduated yesterday - and if I can do it, anyone can!

I'll be cheering you on during your graduation week x

• Congratulations! That's brilliant! I will look for your blog too! Thanks for the encouragement too!

• Well done that woman! Finding a steady pace is the secret, I reckon, especially as you are extending your duration with each run. Just fight those speed demons. Plenty of time to catch Mo Farah after you graduate.

• Thank you! As long as I can run to catch a bus after I graduate I will be happy!

You may also like...