Struggling !!

Having graduated three weeks ago,had a week off on holiday and struggled to get round the 5k Race for Life last Sunday in the heat I am feeling a bit deflated. Think that's what I mean.!!

Decided to try a new route as having done the whole program on the same route it was starting to be a bit of a chore.

Nice to be running somewhere different but only managed 20 mins as it was so humid. But need to stay positive and get back to doing 30 mins . :-)

Last edited by

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey Plodalong! Don't beat yourself, it's hot out there! Build up from 20, that's ok isn't it?! Fitness decreases really quickly ive been told. i think changing route was a great idea! Perhaps change the time of the day?

• Hey... Don't feel bad, this heat is so hard.. And YOU did it... Don't forget that eh, this is not easy, not a walk in the park, and yes you are there...build up gradually as you feel able, and more importantly just enjoy it.. And well done x

• I bet running for 20 minutes is more than you were running this time last year so you are already winning!!

• Yes you are right .it's easy to forget that a few months ago i struggled to run for a minute!!

• I am the same as you. On W8R3 and really struggling as had 2 weeks in Spain and on returning finding it hard in the warm weather. Wil attempt week 9 tomorrow. So you are not alone in how you are feeling.

• Good luck with week 9 . Hopefully it will be a bit cooler . I love the summer but running in this heat has been a struggle . But I know we are not alone so keep positive you are nearly there :-) x

You may also like...