W6R1 pant pant pant!

Ok well after the elation of completing the 20 min run I thought getting back to running 5/8 mins would be a cinch, ermmmmm nope, found it quite gruelling today.

Had a few beers the night of my 20 min run and tbh I'm no drinker these days and it usually takes me a couple of days just to recover, add to that a little boy waking me up at 2 in the morn by pulling my hair and kicking me in the back as he was hungry and I guess I was just plain tired.

It's very close today, very warm and it played havoc with my breathing. Didn't seem to be able to relax into the run, but I did it and even run a little further than the program as my calf muscle still feels a little tight after waking with agonising cramp two nights ago. the running seemed to help mostly with a little twinge here and there.

So, back down with a bump and the work continues. feeling really good about it though and I know even a bad run is good for me.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...