Great Midlands Fun Run - Graduated

Great Midlands Fun Run - Graduated

So my goal on this was to join my son in running the Great Midlands Fun Run (Sutton Fun Run), I started the couch to 5k on the 31st December 2012, having nver run other than when at school (30 years ago).

Yesterday was the run in glorious sunshine, and I ran the whole route 8.5 miles (just under 14km). First time I have ever run in an organised event, I had been to Sutton Runner and been fitted out with a set of trainer to suit my running stance, been training ever since I left Laura at 5k, and was fully ready. I am currently waiting for the official times to come out, but i know it was just under 1hr 30mins.

Thanks to everyone who lined the route cheering and clapping as we ran though, what an experience.

I would recommend to everyone

Next goal Birmingham half marathon in October.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations, Technochoc!You've done well to go from couch to 8.5 miles in a few months. How nice that you could join your son in the Fun Run (an unusually long fun run) and for you to complete it in a good time too.

You may also like...