11 months from starting, just managed 10k :)

I started c25k at the end of June last year, completed the program in the 9 weeks, it was a struggle but I did it, I kept on running but struggled a lot through the winter with out of control asthma and a horrible cold that lasted 2 months. I did the bupa great winter run 5k in January and since March I've been gradually increasing the distance. Went out tonight, took it steady and did 10k in 1 hour 1 min 40 seconds, so pleased with that. Just over a month until I'm due to do the great Edinburgh run, a 10k. Edinburgh is a hilly place, I need to practice those hills!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations, your first 10K feels like a great achievement, enjoy it :-)

• Thank you, still smiling! If I manage to do it in Edinburgh I'll get a medal :-) woo hoo

• Inspirational- I'm half way through couch to 5 k and finding it a struggle- so much want to do it though. Well done- 10 K must have been a distant unattainable dream a year ago and you've done it!

• I struggled so much with running for a minute, click on my name and you can read my full journey. Since c25k I've managed to get 5 other people doing it and last weekend did week 6 run 1 with one of them, I feel like a proud mother hen! Got a text today to say he's just done week 6 run 3 :) Keep at the running, it gets easier, when I did c25k I didn't have enough breath to run and speak but now I can (sort of) chat away while running. Looking forward to getting my 2nd medal, I'd never have believed I could run to the end of the street nevermind running for an hour! Stick at it, if its getting difficult find a new place to run :) x

You may also like...