My first 10K No Medal Just a Smile :)

Well Chaps and Ladies I finally did it today. I hit the 10K mark, no record breaking time, no medals, nobody to see me do it. Just me, Strava, Laura and the damp Cambridgeshire air. I did have to slow right down at a few points but managed to keep running.

Did get chased by a swan, I think he saw me look at his wife, but she was giving me the eye (bloody tease).

Now made a decision to do the Cambourne (Cambs) 10K next Sunday if I can get in :)

Big thanks to all on here for your help, humour and motivation.

Never thought I could do this on Week 1 Run 1 (January 7th).

Have tried putting a screenshot of my Strava but I'm being a technochimp this morning and it won't work)

16 Replies

• Fantastic! That is a pretty impressive progress from 60 seconds running in Jan to 10k by the start of April.

• Well done Millwalki, that's a great achievement. Good luck with the event if you get in.

• Wow, that really is very impressive. I started just under a year ago and haven't made that distance yet! (Worki g on it though :-)).

Go for that race - looks like you've got great running achievements ahead of you :-) xx

• Well done!

• Fab well done 😁

• But we were all with you cheering you on - brilliant!

• Excellent work! although a cautionary tale in there about the dangers of lsitening to Marc Bolan while out running.

• Tick that box on the running career wall chart then. Well done.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Well done.

• Fantastic, what a result. Maybe I'll get there someday, well done and keep smiling! 😊

• Brilliant well done!

• Couch to 10k - brilliant!

There may not have been a medal, but there's cheering for you!

• well done , thats a big milestone to reach :D was looking at the cambourne 10K myself but decided against it thought it was too soon , hope you can get in :D

• Fantastic. I started on 19th Jan but am still to shy to try a park run. Well done and good luck next week :-)

• Well done on your first 10k! make sure it's the first of many!

• Impressed by your progress. Onwards and upwards

You may also like...