What exercise do you do on rest days?

Hi,

Just started C25K yesterday, but was wondering what exercise to do on rest days. I know what I am like and if I don't go to the gym everyday I won't keep the habit up.

Today I did 35 mins on cross-trainer, chunk of weights, 15 min row and 10 min cycle but was wondering if the cross-trainer is going to be putting strain on the same muscles or if the lack of impact mean it'll be fine.

Any ideas?

Ta :)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Right now this is all we do - but before it was nothing at all!

• Hi kimmiijay, I have never done much exercise in the past but since starting C25K I have also started doing the Strength and Flexibility exercises on my rest day. They are very different, not aerobic, more toning and I feel they help my joints a lot. I am glad I chose to do them. i am not convinced that Laura will get me doing pressups in only 5 weeks. We shall see!

• i do swimming one of the days and a yoga/pilates class on one of the others. i have 2 as proper rest days. walk a lot on all days with the dog regardless of whether im running or not.....unfortunately cant take her with me and kill 2 birds with one stone :(

• very gentle cycling. also thinking about pilates soon to improve flexibility and help with my overall wellbeing!

• Tai-Bo, Cardio Boxing, Free Weights (Heavy Sets as I am trying to increase strength at the moment), Trampolining (8 Year old son) and I've just aquired a bike so I'm going to include that a couple times a week. Anything really that keeps me moving!

• You can do any other form of exercise, anything would be good for you but it's always better doing something you enjoy. I always did swimming, pilates and walking. Now i have a new gym membership and do all sorts of classes even zumba. :)

• Strength exercises for all my body parts (light weights for me though). And also bellydance. :-)

• strength and flex on the NHS site is good for core strength.

Good luck

You may also like...