Not sure I can face it tonight

Normally I'm a morning runner, but the kids are on half-term so I'm having to slot the runs in when I can.

I'm really not sure I can face it tonight. I'm knackered. Husband won't be home until 7.30-ish, so I should really go out for my run then.

Don't think I'm going to be any less tired tomorrow. Same circumstances.

Shall I go ahead and do it? Or wait until next week?

I don't want to lose momentum, but I seem to be making excuses...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I felt the same today, I'm working late tomorrow so I could go out tomorrow morning. Then I checked the weather and saw it was going to be heavy rain in the morning and as it's not raining at the mo I thought I would go as I would be so annoyed if I couldn't go in the morning. It was tough in the beginning but towards the end I enjoyed it, I'm so pleased I went out and feel good now, there's a few runners out there so I say go for it. Even if you don't finish you're still keeping up the momentum.

• Personally I say go get your running gear on so you're ready to head out when your Hubby gets home. I always find putting my running kit on gets me in the mindset for going for my runs on those days when I don't feel like it.

If you feel too tired to complete it while you're out on the run turn back, a short run is better than no run at all, but I'm guessing once you're out there and running you'll finish it off :-P

• Thanks for your encouragement. The good news is that I did it! Hurrah! The bad news is I'm only on W7R2 not W8R2 Boo! Never mind, I'm a good step closer to completing the C25K than if I hadn't gone out this evening. Now, I'm off for a shower and a glass of wine.

• Well done - that took determination. :) Hope you sleep well for it!

• I'm always impressed by evening runners. The last thing I feel like after looking after the littlies all day is running! I love getting out there first thing (6.20am) and then it's all done for the day. Good on you for doing it! :)

You may also like...