I actually ran for 5K - somebody pinch me!!

Even though I am supposed to be on Week 7, Run 3 today, I have been feeling so good on recent runs that I decided to skip one and start Week 8 (28 minutes).

After 28 minutes I still felt as if I could keep going so I thought 'To hell with it, let's see if 5k is within my reach' - and it was!

So today I have completed my first ever 5k run - in 32 mins 32 secs!

I'm off for some water and a bath........

19 Replies

• Well done! Enjoy the shower! You all say how good you feel on this programme. I'm hoping to feel that too - one day! Well done

• Keep at it and you will. Trust in Laura!

• I'm will be ecstatic once I do! It is helping me not to eat as much - which is a bonus I never expected!

• Great stuff. Best of luck.

• That's fantastic. Well done!

• Thank you!

• Very well done and FANTASTIC time!!! :-) Gayle

• Cheers Gayle. I intend it to get better over the next few weeks too.

• Congratulations - really well done! And doesn't it feel good! :)

Graduation is sooo close now too. :)

• Yep. Feels great!

• Has stefliser pinched you yet? :D

• If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have got this far!

• Awesome time too, well done :-)

• Thank you!

• Wow, what an achievement - that's super-speedy! Well done :)

• Not sure it's that quick. I was actually disappointed at the time but am realistic enough to accept that it's not about time, but distance at this stage (as Laura keeps reminding me!).

But thanks for the encouragement.

• Erm - it's about 10 minutes faster than my 5k at the moment :( So it looks good to me :) But sorry if you were disappointed with it - I'm sure you'll get faster, and Laura is always right!

• That is fantastic!!

Well done you - you must be feeling really happy with yourself, and you should do.

• Well I've certainly surprised myself. I never thought I would have reached this point a few weeks ago!

You may also like...