Week 2 Day 1!

Tonight I completed W2D1. I have to admit, I was nervous about the extra 30 sec. added to the runs but it ended up going really well. For some reason tonight though I felt extra energetic and I really felt like I could have gone on longer if I had to. Funny how some runs my legs feel like lead and others I feel like I'm gliding on air. Hope W2D2 goes just as well. :)

Sherri

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! I found week 2 "easier" than week 1 - the stop start nature of 60 secs run left me totally exhausted. I've just started week 3 and already I can feel that i'm able to catch my breath much easier :)

• The stopping and starting was pretty exhausting in week 1. I do find it easier just to run an extra 30 seconds since I already have the momentum going. Good luck with week 3, it's reassuring to hear of other people being able to handle some of the longer runs down the line.

• The first few weeks are definitely the hardest, the lactic acid would hit my calves as soon as I stopped running which then made the walking slow. Now completed week 5 and it has become more of a mental challenge. I have definitely gained in fitness and lost in size and feel like I'm becoming a runner for the first time in my forty year life! The 5 mins and 8 mins runs have now become easy with the 20 mins run being the current peak. Keep going and trust in Laura.

You may also like...