8K and Week 4 complete: I can’t say this was... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,664 members12,547 posts

8K and Week 4 complete

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
15 Replies

I can’t say this was an easy one this morning but I got through it. The step up to 8K felt rather large. It started out in the dark, zero degrees with the frost shining, but at 6K I was rewarded with a lovely view as I crossed a bridge. I think that spurred me on as I’d been struggling with the previous 2K before that.

Obviously I feel absolutely fantastic now. Bring on Week 5!

15 Replies
oldestnewest
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate10

Look at that view it's stunning. Great you've completed your 8k I've got mine on Monday. 😊😊👏👏

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to Buddy34

Thank you. You’ll be fine with your 8K on Monday - enjoy it! 😀

1 like
Grannytobe
GrannytobeGraduate10

Great photo and fantastic effort, these runs just get longer. At least next week is a consolidation week. Here’s to next week. Have a good rest day. Just finished a Adrienne yoga session eased off yesterday’s tightness.

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to Grannytobe

I know - definitely feeling the increased distance and very glad there’s no increase next week. I’m impressed with your yoga commitment. Have a great weekend 😀

Grannytobe
GrannytobeGraduate10
in reply to NewRunner4

To be honest was enjoying a lie in while hubby went running and had to really persuade my stiff body out of bed. So thankful I did. What a difference 30min stretching makes.

1 like
Jell6
Jell6Graduate10

How beautiful! The things we see that we wouldn't have before. Running is the gift that keeps on giving.

Good luck with week 5🤩

1 like
NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to Jell6

Thanks Jell6. You are so right. The view is from a road bridge I frequently drive over and never notice the view. It’s taken running to open up my eyes 👀

1 like
WillowandSola

That’s impressive and what a beautiful view you wouldn’t have seen if you weren’t out there for your run

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to WillowandSola

I know. Crazy the things you don’t notice until you’re outside taking it all in. And that’s why running is so good in so many different ways 😀

1 like
WillowandSola

It really is, sunlight on leaves dripping with raindrops along with fabulous clouds we saw this morning

1 like
Granspeed
GranspeedGraduate10

Stunning view! Almost worth the start in the dark. 😄 Well done indeed ticking off the 8k. 👏🏼

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to Granspeed

Thanks. It feels great to be able to step up the distance. Amazing how your body can go from zero to 8K in a relatively short time by taking it small regular steps at a time. Happy running 😀

1 like
Debston
DebstonGraduate10

What a beautiful picture and well done you on your 8k run! ☺

NewRunner4
NewRunner4Graduate10
in reply to Debston

Thanks very much. 👍 I think the cold winter running agrees with me 😀

1 like

You may also like...