JU-JU'S MAGIC RUNNING PLAN INFO! πŸ’— Get to 1... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,006 members β€’ 10,726 posts

JU-JU'S MAGIC RUNNING PLAN INFO! πŸ’— Get to 10K or 60 minutes running 😊

Hi everybody!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯THIS POST SHOULD CONTAIN ALL THE INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED ABOUT JU-JU'S MAGIC RUNNING PLANπŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯ CURRENT ROUND STARTED MONDAY, JUNE 17TH, 2019 πŸ’₯

The latest post is here: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

We will be training together, over an 8 week period, aiming to run either...

10 km OR for 60 minutes!!! 😊😊😊

To start the Magic Plan you will need:

β˜… To be able to run 5 km and/or for 30 minutes

β˜… Your running gear πŸ˜„

You will be running 3 times per week - two shorter runs plus a longer run which will increase in length each week.

And we'll have a lot of FUN! 😊😊😊

πŸ’₯ PRINTABLE versions of the plans are available HERE:

β˜… 10K: drive.google.com/file/d/13I...

β˜… 60 min: drive.google.com/file/d/1sh...

πŸ’₯ Here is the list of Magic Runners: docs.google.com/spreadsheet...

πŸ’₯ I suggest you follow me so you get email notifications of each Magic post - you can always unfollow me again afterwards! 😊

I will also be introducing an optional (but highly recommended!) strength move each week.

πŸ’₯ 30-20-10 Intervals:

runnersworld.com/training/a...

πŸ’₯ roseabi's simple intervals:

- 5 minute jog

- 4 x 30 seconds fast, with 3 minute recovery jogging between. Miss out the final recovery jog, and finish with another...

- 5 minute jog

πŸ’₯ Fartleks:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek

πŸ’₯ C25K+ SPEED podcast:

nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/c...

πŸ’₯ INTERVALS TIMER APPS:

β˜… Jog Run Sprint: jogrunsprint.com/ (iOS only)

β˜… OR search in your app store for "interval timer" "tabata" etc.

πŸ’₯ PLANKS link:

docs.google.com/document/d/...

πŸ’₯ SQUATS link:

drive.google.com/file/d/1k6...

πŸ’₯ BRIDGES link:

drive.google.com/file/d/1kl...

πŸ’₯ ECCENTRIC HEEL DROPS link:

drive.google.com/file/d/1JM...

πŸ’₯ PUSH-UPS link:

drive.google.com/file/d/12a...

HAPPY RUNNING!!!

roseabi xx

And here's a word from Ju-Ju, the founder of the Magic Plan:

NB the date she gives is of course wrong, and she doesn't mention the 60-minute plan - but we ARE doing it! 😊

263 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Me! Me! Me! πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ * hops excitedly from foot to foot* Thank you for taking this on again!

3 likes

Welcome!!

1 like

3 likes

Totally agree.

1 like

Count me in please again.... :) If you will have me?

Making yet another comeback...I need this to focus me and keep me sensible...Achilles is still causing a niggle but, I am off to see the Physio... finally. Hopefully will be ship shape to begin this on the 17th...

Flossx

5 likes

No, go away! Only joking πŸ˜„

Good luck with the phys!!!

1 like

Xx

Sign me up please. I will be doing distance (as my 5k already takes me a good 45 mins).

3 likes

Excellent - welcome aboard!

Me too, nervous and excited at the same time πŸ€ͺπŸ˜³πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜ƒ

4 likes

Welcome - no need to be nervous 😊😊😊

Me please ! Been waiting for your post ! Distance for me πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

3 likes

Great to have you! x

1 like

Let’s run!

2 likes

Yes, let's!!! πŸ˜„

Me please! Been toying with the idea of building up to 10k and this is exactly what I need.

2 likes

Welcome to the posse!!!

1 like

Yes please

2 likes

Welcome, Wookiee! πŸ˜„

Yes, I'd like to do this and would choose the 60-minute plan.

A few questions:

1. I'd still have a few consolidation runs to complete. Is that OK?

2. Can I continue to run Parkruns on Saturdays (making that my 30-ish-minute run)?

3. Do I need to run the shorter runs or can I keep to a 30-minute minimum on all days? The reason is that I tend to hate the first half and enjoy the second, so 15 minutes would be dispiriting...

2 likes

Hello - and welcome! In answer to your Qs:

1. That's fine - you will have a 30 minute run each week.

2. Yes, lots of people do! But please remember that parkrun relies on non-running volunteer roles 😊

3. The reason for having the shorter run is to keep the plan gentle. The total weekly running time increases each week due to the long run - we don't want too much of an increase though, as this can provoke injury. The first week of the plan has a total running time of 80 minutes, which may in fact be slightly less than you are used to - but as the long run is 35 minutes all in one go, it kind of balances out. It's up to you if you really want to run a little longer than 15, but I'd recommend you stick with the plan, because otherwise why follow a plan? 😊 If you are struggling with the first 15 minutes of your runs you might try warming up for a little longer - for example if you're warming up with a 5 minute brisk walk , double it to 10 minutes. Also, after the first 3 weeks the short run increases to 20 minutes anyway.

I like the fact that I can keep to my Saturday, 5K Park Runs and would therefore follow the distance plan.

However, is there any risk in pushing my speed at the Park Run as I can't help trying to beat my PB?

I presume with the shorter run in the week, it compensates as I would have done another 5k run, 3 in the week, otherwise.

One more question, would it be safe, or wise to use the shorter run as a speed session and therefore build both speed and distance into the weekly training plan?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your support.

2 likes

There's always a risk! 😊 Be alert to anything that feels wrong while running and be prepared to stop. I would further suggest that you take a break from running parkrun occasionally - the 5th week in the plan would be ideal as this is a cut-back week. Parkrun cannot exist without volunteers, so why not offer to take a non-running role instead?

It is a great idea to use the shortest run for a little speed work, and I will be talking about this in further posts 😊😊😊

2 likes

Will certainly take note of the advice and yes, I should hold my hand up to support the Park Run volunteers.

Thanks

2 likes

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Great questions and all I also wanted to query πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌThanks

3 likes

Yes please. Got back up to 10k last year. Was having some health issues at the time. I had to take an extended time out. Now I know what my health issue is I can do stuff to help myself and most days am feeling better. I need to be accountable just like Oldfloss. Looking forward to it and that’s so much better than getting around to it. πŸ™‚

1 like

Welcome aboard - go for it!!! xx

Pick me! Pick me!

Taken ages to make a decision but would now like to move on from 30 mins. Therefore 60 min plan would suit - thanks

1 like

Excellent - great to have you 😊😊😊

Count me IN! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

2 likes

You're IN!!! πŸ˜„

Yes please! I would like to try again. Last year the weather got in the way, too hot. I fear the same thing will happen this time as well, but never mind, at least I can attempt it.

1 like

Run-walk may help if it gets too hot xx Welcome!

Hi, I'd like to join please. Does it matter which plan I follow - time or distance? I currently take 40 mins to run 5K. Thanks for any advice.

1 like

If you are running 5ks, I would stay with the distance plan. You can do the run of a week in any order and take extra rest days if you want. So very flexible. Have fun

1 like

Welcome!!! And I agree with Dexy 😊😊😊

Thanks to you both - looking forward to it.

1 like

I'd love to, but I'm already on week 4! πŸ˜„ I've just done 8km!🍾✨ I'm very, very happy with it 😍. I was slightly worried about the increase in distance for the long runs, it seemed a little fast. But It's all good, in fact it's brilliant!

Have faith in Ju-Ju.

4 likes

It worked for me but some people did half km increases each week over a longer period - it is so flexible.

3 likes

πŸ’— Well done!!!

1 like

Yes, please count me in! I have a similar question to Filter above. I’m Keen to do the distance programme rather than the time- signed up to a 10km mid August (!) but I run relatively slowly- 5km in 40mins. I’m always comfortable at the end of a run that length. Can go for longer. Any idea whether I’ll be ok?!.. or should I stick to the time based programme. Thanks!

1 like

Welcome! And I'd go for the distance plan if I were you. You're running 5K comfortably and the timing of this plan is really good for your August race - go for it! 😊😊😊

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Count me in please

1 like

Welcome!

Yes please. I've signed up for a10k at the beginning of August and can't seem to get past 7k. Thank you ☺☺☺ x

1 like

Welcome! I'd think you'd be best off starting on Week 2 or 3 - is that your plan?

Thank you, I didn't have a planπŸ˜† but starting at week 2 sounds good. I think I'm just scared of going further than 7k without a proper plan and then you came along and solved my problems. Thank you again, can't wait to get started xxx

1 like

Count me in. I'm looking forward to having support as I go through the plan. A few months ago I wouldn't have believed that I would be up for this!

3 likes

Exciting!!! Welcome 😊😊😊

Count me in. I'm following ur post too :)

1 like

Welcome aboard! Better if you follow me, though! xxx

I would love to do this but I’m only finishing C25k this week. Is it too soon? I have graduated before but didn’t keep running so I feel I need another plan to keep me motivated! Any advice? Thank you 😊

1 like

Why not give it a try? Just be really honest with yourself about how you feel at the end of each week, and rein back if you need to. Repeat weeks if necessary - as with C25K it doesn't matter how long you take to finish, and you can still join in with the discussions each week. Monitor the distances you are running, but it might be best for you to start with the 60 minute plan - see how you go! xxx

I’d love to join in again. I didn’t make it last time round but I have made it up to 8km. My main problem was fitting in the longer run in the week as I still wanted to do ParkRun as the 5km run. My work diary is looking good for the next couple of months so I’m hoping I can complete it this time.

1 like

Welcome back!

Please remember that parkrun relies on volunteers! If you schedule a couple of Saturdays to take on a non-running role, you could fit in your long run that weekend 😊😊😊

Good luck and have fun xxx

Yep, please sign me up! Looking for new challenge after C2K

1 like

Welcome to the posse!!!

Really looking forward to starting the 10k programme next week. I really enjoyed doing the C25K but what really helped was the lovely Laura telling me when to walk or run. Does anyone know of an app that would give sound notifications of when you’ve run run a certain distance or time during the sessions so that I wouldn’t have to be constantly looking at my phone to ensure I’ve done the correct intervals?

1 like

I know you can enable audio announcements of distance in Strava:

support.strava.com/hc/en-us...

And I'm sure the other GPS apps will do similar.

For timed intervals I have been using this Tabata Timer app, which isn't bad - a bit of a fiddle to set up 😊

play.google.com/store/apps/...

If you're a iOS fan, this one looks the same:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/tab...

These apps just make a noise after each interval of time set - no vocal announcement. I don't know if that sort of thing is available..

EDIT: This one might be worth a look, says it has "voice assist" and you can also set halfway beeps on it:

parabolicriver.com/tabatast...

Many thanks roseabi for the suggestions will give them a try.

1 like

I use Runkeeper for my interval announcemnts. It's part of their free ios app. There's also a lady with a great french accent who announces your pace, if you like that kind of thing!

1 like

Not quite sure where I fit in the great scheme of things. I've just done W5R3 of the previous magic 10 plan (albeit on the long runs, I'm currently doing time, not distance so today was 50min).

Anyway, I'll keep plodding along somewhere in between this plan and the previous one. Ive always been a bit awkward like that...πŸ˜‰

2 likes

Keep on trucking - I've added you to the new list 😊😊😊

Thank you. Having got to 8k in an hour today, I'm going to carry on and aim to complete the distance version.

Hello.

Please can I join in. I’d like to aim towards a 10k but my 5k is 35mins so would be just as happy working towards 60mins.

Thank you

1 like

Hello! Welcome to the group 😊😊😊

If you want to run 10k why not give it a try? 35 minutes is not slow xxx

1 like

Thanks Roseabi.

I’ve had a look at the plan and think I’ll aim high and for the 10k. I might need to repeat weeks but there’s no rush for me. Looking forward to having another plan to follow πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜ xx

Me please for the timed version 😁😁

1 like

Welcome!

1 like

Me too! Hopping as excitedly as Kertesz

πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

I'll run for time not distance please πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

1 like

Boing! Boing! Boing!!!

2 likes

πŸ˜„

Welcome to the posse!!

1 like

I'd like to have another go. I tried to do the time based plan a couple of months ago but didn't quite get it together. Still take 45 minutes to run 5k and haven't as yet run for longer. I think I've got a bit stuck with 30 minute runs to be honest! So I need a kick up the bum! I'm thinking of having another go at time but would take advice. I'm a bit of a tortoise so probably could do distance very slowly!

2 likes

Free kicks up the bum here! πŸ˜„ Welcome xxx

I'd like to join as well, please.

1 like

Certainly - welcome!!

Yes please count me in Roseabi.

After reading above comments I think I'll do the distance instead of time x

1 like

Excellent - welcome aboard!!

Just completed my 2.5km in 18mins so I'm happy with that x

1 like

Yes please! Thanks

1 like

You're welcome!

Hi. I’ve just completed C25K....I feel like shouting that from the rooftops....me, C25K, done it, enjoyed it.....all words I never dreamed I would say. But it’s true. And I’m scared I’m going to lose my drive now I’ve completed the final run, so have been looking for β€œ what next” inspiration . I have no interest in running a marathon, but just don’t want to let the last 9 weeks slide away. So I would really like to try the distance challenge please.

2 likes

Well done!!!! And welcome to the group, I hope you have loads of fun 😊😊😊

Yes please, I would love to join your plan!

I am about to graduate from Couch to 5K tonight (all being well!!) and my goal is to run the Bournmouth 10K for Alzheimers in October.

1 like

Lovely - great cause xxx Welcome to the gang!!!

Thank you

1 like

I’d like to join in too please.

1 like

Welcome!!!

I'd like to join again too. I'm gonna do a little cheating though. While you'll begin on week 1, I'll "start" on week 8 ;)

1 like

Ha ha - awesome! Welcome 😊😊😊

Hi. Yes I'd like to join in the distance programme too. I did C25k last summer and have been taking it more seriously with three 5ks a week since 1 Jan. I've just started with a PT this week and she is incorporating your plan into her plans for me (as the cardio part). So I'm quite excited :)

1 like

Welcome - and how cool!

Count me in!

1 like

You're in! 😊

I’m in πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸ½β€β™‚οΈ I can do 5k in 34 mins, I’ve signed up for a 10K in Stratford on Avon on the 8th of September so I’m hoping to be ready by then

1 like

Sounds perfect - welcome!

1 like

Hi roseabi i’m going to try this again πŸ’ͺ🏼 πŸ˜€

1 like

Welcome back!

yes please - rather apprehensively - as I have not been that regular with my running since graduating! thanks for the push

1 like

Go for it!!! 😊😊😊

I would like to join please

1 like

Welcome to the posse!

1 like

Me again please. Had to stop with an injury last time but going to give it another go 😁

1 like

Welcome! Hope it goes better for you this time xx

Can’t believe I’m doing this, but yes please. Time plan I think - can’t do 5K in anything like 30 minutes! Will be nice to have a structure again! Many thanks πŸ’•

1 like

Welcome to the gang!!

Yes please!!! Finished C25K around a month ago and seeking inspiration going forward so this sounds perfect! Thank you xx

1 like

Plenty of inspiration is here - welcome!!

Yes please! I have done 10k before, but not since last October, due to plantar fasciitis. I would like to try again now, as I really want to do a 10k race in October and this would give me plenty of time to consolidate it! Excited!

2 likes

Yay! Welcome to the posse 😊😊😊

1 like

Me!! Planning on doing the Glasgow 10k at the end of the year so this would be fab! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Absolutely fab - welcome!!!

Yes please! I'm totally new to this way of working so looking forward to following a plan instead of just making it up as I go along and not getting very far!

1 like

Welcome!!

Hello. Can I do this even if I’ve only graduated in April? Thanks

1 like

Yes that's fine - welcome aboard!!

Ok yes please!

1 like

I would like to join please! Not sure whether to do time or distance- I completed C25K at the end of April and I've been consolidating since then. I can complete 5K in about 34 mins- I'm coming up to 56 so was wondering to go for time rather than distance. what do you think?

1 like

Welcome 😊😊😊 If you want to go for distance I don't see any problems!

Do you sing while you run?

Only sometimes and not so I look completely bonkers! I sing in a choir :)

I'll start with time and see how I go!

1 like

Okey dokey 😊😊😊

Yes please! Was running 10k earlier in the year but spend a few weeks with a back injury and now struggle to do much further than about 6k

1 like

Welcome! I hope your back is OK now?

Yes please ju ju. Last plan was excellent and ran a 10K but would like to get back up there with the plan again!

Been running 5K mainly....

1 like

Welcome back! I am actually roseabi not Ju-Ju- 😊

Thanks roseabi. Do you have to choose time or distance? Would probably want to aim for 10K again πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Yes, you can do set-distance runs in any time (objective 10K), or do timed runs (aiming at 60 minutes).

Thank you

I’d love to ju- ju πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

1 like

Welcome! I am roseabi - I've been covering this plan for Ju-Ju-, who has had to take some time away from Health Unlocked due to work commitments 😊

Please count me in! (I tried Ju Ju's magic plan in the winter but didn't get past week 5 - life got in the way!!!)

I'm ready to go!

1 like

Yay! Welcome to the posse 😊😊😊

Yes I would like to go for the timed runs. Count me in

1 like

Welcome!

I'd like to give it a go. Ct5K graduate in April and have been consolidating since then. Now can do 5k in 36 mins and would like to push on. Probably better to do distance rather than time but will have to miss a week in early July. Thank you for taking this on..

1 like

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about missing a week - you can take as long as you need xx

Yes please. Just what I've been looking for as several weeks in consolidation mode after graduating from C25K.

Thanks

1 like

Fabulous - welcome!!

I would love to give it a go roseabi - continuing a structured plan has caught my eye, just hope I can do it.

2 likes

I'm sure you can - welcome to the posse!!!

1 like

Hi - I would like to join please! I graduated last July and continued to run 2-3 times a week whenever possible, but had a 6 week break recently when I broke my arm (tripped whilst running - duh!) and have slipped to 1-2 runs a week lately. I’m in danger of turning into a fair weather runner so I need something to give me a push. I usually do 5k and my time is about 43 minutes so I’m slow, but at 67 that doesn’t bother me. I think I’ll go for the timed programme and see where that takes me for distance. I’m a serial avoider of strength exercises but may give some of them a go! 😏

1 like

Ouch! Sorry to hear that - glad you're up and running again. And welcome to the Magic Plan 😊😊😊

Yes please I would like to join, need lots of help to increase my distance. What do I need to do? I have clicked follow this link.

1 like

Starting next week, run three times per week according to the plan. You can choose to run set distances, or for periods of time. Look out for the next post here on Monday 17th, and I suggest you follow me also, because that way you will receive email notifications of my posts. Tap/click on my name or profile picture above, to go to my profile page. Then hit the '+follow' button.

And welcome to the Magic Plan!!!

1 like

I had a little time away after C25K but this sounds great, so please sign me up if I may for the distance plan, can't wait :-)

1 like

Welcome welcome!!

1 like

Sounds great count me in please! X

1 like

Welcome! xx

I am in. I need a bit of structure at the moment. A little bit over the shop. I ll try to go for the distance. Thank you for your help.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 like

Welcome! xx

Me please, can I give it a go? Would love to increase my distance

1 like

Of course you can! Welcome 😊😊😊

Thank you

Yes please can I join you

1 like

Welcome! xx

Please sign me up for The Time Plan. I’m doing 30 minute consolidation runs comfortably at the moment and could run for longer so I should be ok with it.

1 like

Welcome! xx

Me please x

1 like

Welcome! xx

I would like to join, about to complete my last run tomorrow morning on c25k, so it’s perfect timing! Thanks!!

1 like

Yay! Welcome 😊😊😊

Sign me up for distance please, graduated last week but feel comfortable with 5k

1 like

Marvellous - welcome! xx

1 like

Me please, this is just what I need to try increase my distance!!...thankyou so much 😘

1 like

You are most welcome! xx

1 like

Is like to join please, distance for me if possible. 😜

1 like

You can do it! Welcome to the group 😊😊😊

I’d like to rejoin please, but will start from week 8 which is where I got to (slowly) before. May take a few more weeks but please sign me up anyway

Thanks

1 like

Welcome back! xx

I've signed up for 10k in April next year ....but would love to get there well before then

Would like to do distance pls

Thanks so much x

1 like

Welcome! xx

I would love to be a part of this!

1 like

Please and thank you 😊

1 like

πŸ˜„ Welcome! xx

Yes please I would like to join

1 like

Welcome to the posse 😊😊😊

Yes please! Completed C25k in April and now running 5k regularly but never ever contemplated going beyond that distance. Until now...

1 like

Awesome - welcome to the Magic Plan!!

Me too please 😁

1 like

Welcome! xx

Count me in!

1 like

You're in πŸ˜„

Yes pleaseeeee, I’ve just completed my 5k & keen as to get to 10k 😊

1 like

Excellent - welcome! xx

Yes please - perfect timing. Can’t believe I am excited at the prospect of running that far.

1 like

It's a lot of fun 😊😊😊 Welcome to the posse!

Help! How do I join you?

1 like

Start running next week 😊 Three runs per week - look out for my post on Monday which will start you all off. You can kind of see the plan on the post pic, but will see better if you click on the links to the printable plans. And of course all will be revealed next week! xx

1 like

Sign me up please, am desperate for a plan to help me move forward after consolidating the 5k, thanks for taking the time to support us all x

1 like

It's my pleasure - welcome aboard!!

I have just signed myself up for a half marathon in March 2020 so this would be the perfect kick start.

Not a regular runner either so need motivation and accountability.

I can’t believe my timing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like

Exciting!!!! Welcome 😊😊😊

1 like

Yes please, have completed C25k and would like to do a 10k event in October. Need the motivation of the group.

1 like

Perfect! Welcome to the posse 😊😊😊

Hello Roseabi, please add me to this, I would like to repeat it πŸ‘

1 like

Welcome back 😊😊😊

I would love to join the plan. Count me in please.

1 like

You have been counted - welcome!!!

200th reply - ha ha πŸ˜„

Lots of people are signing up, which is fab! We're up to 82 as I write this 😊😊😊

docs.google.com/spreadsheet...

Yes please!

1 like

Welcome to the gang!!

Yes please! I'd like to have a go at the 60 minute plan

1 like

Welcome!!

1 like

Yes please πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ I'm a new graduate of c25k and have done 5 runs since but miss the programme. I'll opt for the 60 minute option 🀞

1 like

Welcome to the Magic Plan!

1 like

Hi there, so excited to give this a go! Yes please add me to your list! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

1 like

Adding you now - welcome!!

1 like

Thanks very much! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

I’ll be doing the Distance Plan 😊

1 like

I’d like to join too, the distance eek 😬!

Sending quickly before I change my mind! ☺️

1 like

Welcome!!! Seen it, so there's no going back πŸ˜„

1 like

Thank you. I’m a treadmill runner too so might try and venture outside for some of the shorter runs! ☺️

1 like

Great plan! Take it easy, though 😊

1 like

Would like to join this plan. Time or distance though? I already run for an hour but only do a distance of between 5 and 6k so I run very slowly.

1 like

As you can already run for an hour you'd better go for distance! Doesn't matter how long it takes, if you can spare the time.

Welcome to the Magic Posse!

1 like

Hi, I'm in please, I'd like to follow the 10k plan. I've missed the structure so am really looking forward to improving as part of a team again x

1 like

Welcome to the Magic Posse!!

Count me in for distance please. I have been running three times a week since completing C25K and I have just signed up to my first 10K in September. Some structured training should hopefully get me there! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Exciting! Welcome aboard 😊😊😊

1 like

I am in! I graduated couch 2 5k, last Sunday. Is it okay for me to sign up?

1 like

Absolutely! Just take it really easy xxx

Welcome to the gang 😊😊😊

1 like

Thank you. Looking forward to that.

1 like

Right I'm in! Graduated C25K at Easter and I'm running 5k 3 times a week somewhere around 35 and 36 minutes, haven't felt ready before now but I need a new challenge. Would you suggest time or distance?

1 like

Distance. Welcome to the posse!!

1 like

Ok I'm in :D

1 like

Can I join please? I completed C25K at end of April and keen to get up to 10k. I’ve been running 5k approx 3 times a week in about 27 minutes. I’ve found increasing distance a struggle, though I’ve managed to get up to 6k in my last couple of runs. I find I need 2 rest days between runs to properly recover.

1 like

Of course - welcome to the Magic Gang!

I am pleased you have recognised your need for 2 days rest between runs. Naturally this will mean you will take little longer than 8 weeks to follow this plan as it is laid out - which is perfectly fine - there's no rush! xx

1 like

Count me in please, completed C25K last year and lapsed over winter. Did it again this year and completed a few weeks ago and I’ve just been running 5k 3 times a week since graduating. I’m looking for a plan to move on to a new challenge and this looks perfect.

1 like

Excellent! Welcome 😊😊😊

I’m in! Love a bit of structure

1 like

Welcome!!

I’m would like to have a go at the timed one although bit daunted! I graduated c25k about 2 months ago and continued to run 3 times a wk between 25-35 mins but don’t seem to be progressing further and missing a plan (target!)

1 like

Welcome!!

Count me in! I would like to do the distance plan please, completed 10k run in Barmouth over the weekend but time was a very slow 1:29, I think this plan will help me consolidate and increase my pace

1 like

Added - welcome! Please see the new post here: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

Hello I've only just seen this today so I hope I'm not too late. I'd love to join the distance one. Thanks!

1 like

Please add me.

1 like

I’m going to be going for distance, I’ll be going out in the next 30 mins for my first πŸƒπŸ½β€β™‚οΈ 🐐😁

1 like

Well that’s the first run done, I started off with 5K today. Only 23 more to go!

I’m on Strava if anyone’s wants to followπŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜πŸ

1 like

Well done - here is the Week 1 post healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

Hi there,

I'm just in the middle of my last week of Couch to 5k. I did it over about 12 weeks though and have kept running regularly throughout, including a few 5ks recently eg parkrun. I run 5k in 39 mins.

Is it too soon to start this plan? Do I need a few consolidating weeks? I'm hoping because I've taken longer to do couch to 5k (with more runs) that I'll be ready.

I'm also wondering how to incorporate buggy running, because it's harder!

1 like

I mean I sometimes run with the buggy and sometimes don't, and I can go further more easily when I'm not pushing the buggy.

1 like

Hi! I don't really see a problem with you starting Magic now if you want to - actually I was sort of wondering why you're bothering with C25K if you can already run 5k, but I do agree it's nice to finish a programme 😊

As for the buggy - interesting question! I don't know anything about running with a buggy other than what a man I chatted to at parkrun once told me - basically the same as you, that it's harder πŸ˜„ I suspect that as it is part of your normal you should incorporate it into the 10k plan without any adjustments to the runs, as this will make you stronger. But since you say you don't run with it all the time, maybe you could do one or both of the shorter runs with it, and the long one without?

I have added you to our list of runners, and in case you haven't seen it, the latest post is here: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

Welcome to the Magic Plan, I hope you'll have a lot of fun! xxx

How exciting! Thanks!

Bit late to the party but can I sign up please. Graduated c25k a few weeks ago and struggled without the focus of the plan. Already done a couple of runs this week so just a 35 min and some planks to go 😁

1 like

But of course! Welcome to the Magic Posse!!! πŸ˜„

Be sure to check out all the posts - this week's one is here: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

1 like

Am I too late to join? I will graduate C25K next week, but I have also signed up for a 10k in September. I have previously completed a 5k in 33mins and am averaging just over 6mins/km just now. I know I’ll be a couple of weeks behind but I’m just looking for the support and structure. Not sure whether time or distance would be best. Thanks

1 like

Welcome! You can join at any time 😊😊😊

As you are already running 5k I suggest you choose the distance plan.

1 like

Thank you, I’ll go for distance.

1 like

Excellent! And I forgot to say, here's the latest post in case you haven't seen it: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

So l'm a bit late but l'm joining in!

1 like

Welcome!

See the latest post here: healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

1 like

Ξ™ ve checked the tabata timer in your suggested site and it didn't work for newer android versions. Its not free app so the app developer refund me

1 like

OK, I'll look into them again, thanks!

NB I wasn't recommending that app, just wanted to give people an idea of the type of thing that's available.

Can I join please

1 like

Of course! We are currently on Week 5 of the most recent plan, but you can begin at any time and still join in the weekly discussion posts. Or if you would prefer to wait for the next one, it will start towards the end of August xxx

I night just have a look about the plan an maybe wait til the August one.. see how eager I feel 😁

1 like

You may also like...