Bridge to 10K
7,988 members β€’ 9,754 posts

A Christmas miracle! I finally ran 5k in under 40 mins ha ha ha...πŸŽ…πŸŽ…

Haven't posted for a while, but still running! Usually one or two 30 min runs - supposedly fast- and a longer 5k+ at the weekend. A slow one! As the local park run has a lot of inclines, I've been making myself run up a lot of hills! My last park run was in just over 40 mins and hard work and I was determined to try to get under 40 mins by the end of the year.

As the park run was short of marshals today, I decided not to run but to volunteer. I really love volunteering!

So, as I know I'm not running next weekend- tailrunner- I decided to go for a run on my lovely railway line path. And a Christmas miracle happened! I ran under 40 mins. So very happy and proud. Despite the mud, I managed to keep going at my 30 mins fast pace!! I'm not planning on going much faster, I'm really a happy snail!

I began running at Easter and it has changed my life! I'm over a stone lighter, my blood pressure is normal and I feel great! I've made new friends and can't imagine spending Saturday mornings anywhere but at the Parkrun!

Merry Christmas to you all!! Happy running in 2019! πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

26 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Great present to yourself!! πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸŽ…

Well done

Happy running and meet Christmas to u too

Thank you! Happy running to you too!

1 like

Congratulations Ang3333333 on running a sub 40 minute 5K, yes a true Christmas miracle, I am so pleased to know that you love your Saturday morning park runs, I wish you all the best for the season, Merry Christmas and a happy running New Year πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ„πŸƒπŸƒ

Thank you! Merry Christmas! πŸŽ…

Woohoo good for you Ang! Have a wonderful Christmas and happy running in 2019! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸŽ„πŸ˜€

Thank you. You too!! πŸŽ…

1 like

What a lovely feeling when you get a PB. Well done Ang33333 - a lovely and well deserved Christmas present to yourself!!

Thank you! πŸŽ„

Excellent result, well done!

Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Yay!! Well done Ang πŸ€—πŸ€— have a lovely Christmas it'll soon be summer and time for our ice towels again 😬

I know. I prefer this cold weather for running! Was still surprisingly warm today!

Brilliant! Well done you! I'm beaming for you! Have a lovely Christmas! πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

You too! Thanks!

Fabulous, well done Ang! Enjoy your early Xmas pressie to yourself and have a great Xmas πŸŽ„

You too!

Woo hoo! Excellent news. Good running. And merry Christmas! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

1 like

Merry Christmas to you too!

It was great to read your post. I have just completed W9R3 and had wondered about when I might make 5K. After Christmas I'll go for a bit longer each time. I haven't attempted a Park Run yet but will do in 2019. My New Year resolution. Happy Christmas πŸ₯‚

Your first 5k will be wonderful! Good luck! And definitely do a parkrun! πŸŽ„

That's brilliant Ang. Well done on your Christmas miracle. Soon we will have been running a year and look how much we've achieved that we never thought possible! πŸ˜ŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Can't believe how far we've all come! What did we do before we ran?

1 like

Sat on the couch I guess πŸ˜„ Can't imagine ever not running now and i keep wondering why it took me so long!

1 like

Fantastic Ang - well done! Yes how things can change in one year.....

1 like

Thanks. It's been completely life changing!

1 like

Well doneπŸ˜πŸŽ„

You may also like...