The steamiest parkrun yet!: Did it! πŸ’ͺ The... - Bridge to 10K

Bridge to 10K
9,624 members β€’ 12,294 posts

The steamiest parkrun yet!

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate10
β€’23 Replies

Did it! πŸ’ͺ The wind was gusty, the rain mostly held off, but oh my word the humidity!

Not speedy, but I had no expectations today. I’m definitely a cool weather runner I’ve decided. But hey, got round, didn’t walk and although it wasn’t a parkrun PB by any stretch, it was sub 40 minutes which was my goal today.

Bring on my 7k on Monday. Hope it’s cooler. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Hope you all had great runs, and didn’t get blown around too much! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ‘

23 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate10

Nice going Cheeky - in this weather, anything's good!

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to telford_mike

Thanks Mike. It would have been easy to bail this morning, but I’m so glad I didnt! πŸ˜€

2 likes
Gingernutter

Same here Cheeky well done for getting out there. I did um and ahh but knew I'd regret not going! Knocked just under a minute off my PB too 😁😁

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Gingernutter

Well done GN! And fab for getting a PB too! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like
Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate10

Well done cheeky! Another 5km on the legs - it will pay off I promise! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€—

2 likes
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Equi-geek

Thanks Equi, you’re right, and even though my snail was with me a bit today 🐌, I could have run further, although not faster! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Dexy5
Dexy5Graduate10

You are doing great cheeky, I was masrshalling on the prom today and it was extremely windy. As I said to everyone, at least you got out of your bed and ran. Enjoy that 7k in calmer conditions

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Dexy5

Wow Dexy, I can’t imagine how it would have been running on the coast today! Kudos to all coastal parkrunners!

Keeping everything crossed for less dramatic conditions for us all! πŸ€žπŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

1 like
MandiV

Well done - I ran along the canal today and it was very blustery , but you’re right about the humidity- I did chuckle at the chap with the mobility scooter taking his dachshund for a walk - well I say walk but it was too windy and she wouldn’t get off his knee!!! Good luck with the 7k!

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to MandiV

Haha the Dachshund had the right idea!

There’s a Dachshund that runs our parkrun - so cute and it always has a blast. My Lab made friends with him this morning. πŸ•β€οΈπŸ•

Crawlhome
CrawlhomeGraduate10

Well done for getting out and that sounds like a great run!

It's tough running in this wind, I've just done a painful 5k in it.

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Crawlhome

But got out we did! Kudos to us toughies! πŸ’ͺ

1 like
Runsome
RunsomeGraduate10

Hi Cheeky. well done steaming through and all the best with your hopefully cooler 7K πŸ˜€

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Runsome

Thanks Runsome! I wished it had been raining harder to cool me down! Yes, hopefully cooler on Monday ..... 🀞🀞🀞

Katnap
KatnapGraduate10

I think I've had nearly 5 litres of water today.

I hope it cools down after a week

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Katnap

I do too Katnap. πŸ‘

Ang33333
Ang33333Graduate10

Roll on proper autumn! This heat is so wrong! I ran 5k yesterday and was a soggy mess despite going extra slow! 😰😰

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Ang33333

Yes, where’s our lovely crisp weather, perfect for running? I even cracked out the shorts again today and was still too hot!

Beanjo

Well done for running though cheeky. I really don’t like humid so big respect πŸ‘

7k tomorrow-even more respect. You’re doing fab 😊

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Beanjo

Thanks Beanjo! I didn’t realise how humid it was until I began running. Really hoping it’s a bit fresher tomorrow. Can’t wait to tackle my longest run yet! πŸ˜€

Hidden
HiddenGraduate10

Well done cheekychipmunks!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ.im with you on running in the cooler weather . I must prefer that. However you got up and out and did it.πŸ‘πŸ’¨πŸ’¨β€οΈX

1 like
cheekychipmunks
in reply to Hidden

Thanks Peggy! Yes I had no qualms getting out there. Hoping for a more benign parkrun next weekend. Have a great week! πŸ‘πŸ˜€

1 like
Hidden
HiddenGraduate10
in reply to cheekychipmunks

And you tooπŸ‘πŸ€£x

1 like

You may also like...