Bridge to 10K
7,661 members9,319 posts

Did it,! My first ever 10k

2 weeks shy of my 58th birthday and I have actually run non-stop for 10km, 103 days after my first C25K run that nearly finished me off, I have said it before and will say it again, this community, led by our wonderful Admin and populated by a great group of people add so much to the experience, love you all

51 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s fantastic news! Well done! Time for a well-deserved tipple?! 🍾🎓👌🏽

1 like

Thanks Tasha99 it does feel good and I am sure there are a couple of cold beers in the fridge with my name on them (not just yet though!)

1 like

Love it!! Such a great run (and you beat my pb 🙃 HoagyM we have Steve to deal with now!!). So pleased for you and welcome to the 10K club and podium! 🙌🏼🍾💪🏼 X

1 like

Thanks Ripcurlrana71 my happy pace seems to be about 6:30/km but didn't think I would last 10k, kept trying to slow down but everytime I tried to focus on that I seemed to speed up

2 likes

That’s a great problem to have!!😬😬

Yep! I’m beginning to feel like the unfit parent in a park, watching the youngsters whooping and hollering as they scamper off into the distance 😂

2 likes

Me too after Steves 10K!

Wow, very impressive performance and great pace too😀👏👏👏

Keep a place on the podium for me, ETA 6 weeks or so! 😊

Now, relax and celebrate 🎉 (in moderation of course!😂)

1 like

Thanks David_G plenty of room up here, look forward to you joining us

1 like

You make us all so proud!!!! 🏅

Congratulations - that is an amazing achievement!!!!!

You've definitely got that happy runners look.......🏃‍♂️😊

Well done, you!!!! 👏👏👏👏

Enjoy your big moment......🍻

#Breakingbarriers #achievinggoals

1 like

Thanks @hotheels, I will save you a spot on the podium 😉

Woof!!

1 like

Brilliant - well done you! 😁

1 like

Thanks sarah65 well pleased with that, if someone told me 4 months ago I would be running 10k I would have laughed my socks off, if I can do it, pretty much anybody can

1 like

Woo hoo! 10k! Brilliant work, just brilliant! Congratulations on your first 10k, Berksrover, and here’s to many more happy runs. 👏👏👏

1 like

Thanks Sadie-runs it's a great feeling, hoping to continue for a long time to come

1 like

Well done!!! Great pace, and I’m sure that’s going to be the first of many! Enjoy your celebrations. 😃❤️🏅

1 like

Thanks mountaindreamer I don't seem to have much of an option, find it difficult to run much slower, but I intend to practice!

1 like

I know I’ve only used it once so far, but that Stepping Stone podcast with the bpm “music” did get me running steadily but much slower than normal, so I’m convinced using “slower than your normal pace bpm” music is a good way to deliberately go slower if you want to. Podrunner has loads of free set bpm music, so I’m going to try dialing my speed trying some of those out.

Oh well done, that’s fantastic, and superb pace. That would have given you a time of just under 1:05, right, not that it matters.

What’s impressed me the most is how quickly you’ve gone from starting C25K to running your first 10k, I am in awe!

Well done again, don’t forget to claim that shiny graduate badge if you haven’t already :)

1 like

Well said! Well run! Conratulations, a great achievement.Time for a rest and a celebration :)

1 like

Thanks linda9389 I meant every word, this is a brilliant forum

1 like

Isn't it just!

Thanks Hidden I had planned to follow ju-ju- s plan properly but was led astray by Ripcurlrana71 and HoagyM 😉😁

1 like

Great stuff Steve and welcome to that disreputable offshoot of the ju-ju plan, the Naughty Club 😉

Massive congratulations, here’s a few more random emoji’s for you... 👏🥇😀🥂🏃🏼‍♂️👍🍾

That pace is terrific too, effectively your 10k pace is my 5k pace, and that’s after your very first 10k. 😳😀Good work!

1 like

Thanks Ian, I don't seem to be able to run slower, but I intend to try!

Awesome job. Very very inspiring. Well done 👏👏👏👏

1 like

Thanks Jay66UK saving a place for you on the podium

1 like

I hope the weekly rental is low! This won’t come quickly 🤣

1 like

Will be ready for you Jay, you take as much time as you like, you are doing fantastic things too

Yay! Woo hoo! and other shrieks of congratualtions.Fabulous and inspiring.You made it, with determination, effort, attention to your abilities and with running joy!Lead the way.....

1 like

Just shows what we can achieve if we put our minds to it, and definitely an issue of mind as much as body

Congratulations on such a great milestone!

1 like

Thanks Millsie-J wouldn't have been possible without you fabulous Admin crew.

1 like

Very well done Steve. 💥🏃‍♂️💥

Terrific pace also🐆.

Time for a verse of the wild rover and perhaps a well deserved.🍺🍻🌟👏👏

1 like

Thsnks Tbae the beers are in the fridge, but won't be for much longer 🍺🍺

1 like

Way to go Steve.🍻😂😂

Great question yesterday and two links from IP. Thanks for raising it.Magic.💥🏃‍♂️💥

1 like

Wow that’s an achievement well done 👏🏼🎉😊

1 like

Thanks Jelon this forum is brilliant in terms of feeling supported and being able to be supportive, just love it

Me too. Relish that feeling you deserve it 😀

Huge congratulations Steve, great achievement and what a pace. Well done!! :) :)

1 like

Thanks Lorijay just focused on keeping going! Now for that sub 30 mins 5k!

1 like

So well done! Once I get to 10k my goal is to get to 30min 5K, would love a sub 30 but just don't think I'll be able to achieve it, but who knows. :)

Such a fantastic achievement, I am so proud of you.... and happy birthday for your 58th.... I hope you will be having a special birthday run?

1 like

Thanks ju-ju- you know I couldn't have done it without you and the rest of the fantastic folk on here, birthday run, hmm, maybe, let's see!

1 like

I nearly missed this one. Congratulations Berksrover on completing 10k. That’s brilliant. 🏃‍♂️👏🍾🥂

1 like

Lol, thanks Dexy5 was a great feeling to do that 10k, still seems unreal to be running non stop for over an hour

Yes I can’t get to grips with that thought yet, but I’m happy where I am on 4 and 5ks at the moment.

1 like

Amazing!!!! Well done! 🏃🏻‍♂️

1 like

Thanks, don't tell anyone, but I am quite pleased about it! 😉😕

1 like

Quite right too!

You may also like...