Bridge to 10K
6,147 members6,874 posts

Parkrun PB

Ran a pb at Parkrun yesterday. 🎉🎉 Soo motivated by this. As some of you know I’m racing 10K next week and am struggling with stamina/distance etc so this for me was a huge boost.

I didn’t run it the whole way round as I just can’t seem to at the moment but did it in segments of 10 min chunks with a break in between. Am hoping to do this for the 10 and come in with a fairly decent time.

Either way, mentally I’m feeling much better about it - woo hoo! 🏃‍♀️

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic Emma. I wish we had parkrun near us as would lovevto give it a go. I think I could get round without walking, but Im incredibly slow.x

1 like

I think Banbury is your nearest one Flick, I’ll be taking my grand children there next week 😊

1 like

I guess it would be.

1 like

Thanks Flick, it is such a lovely community spirited run. Its a shame you dont live nearer one. x

Well done Emma, can’t do better than a PB 🤗

Good luck with the race, run it your way and you’ll do OK 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😎

1 like

Thanks Ted - am almost looking forward to it!! :-)

1 like

Well done. Worry ye not. Breaking it down as you describe - mentally and physically - will get you round. Add to that, the race day buzz, also helps immensely. New sights and sounds all make you more alert

Have fun 😃💪👍🏃‍♀️🏅

2 likes

THank you - and the thought of the first bit of shiny bling ever is keeping me motivated - shallow ...me? ;-)

No! It’s fine. Get it where you can. I bust a gut yesters for no medal, no nuffink 🤷‍♀️😀

1 like

Tragic! X

Well done and good luck for the 10k.

1 like

Thanks SlowLoris. Am keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather (but maybe not scorching) sorry everyone else!!

You may also like...