Bridge to 10K
6,106 members6,829 posts

First ever 10k event completed today

First ever 10k event completed today

Absolutely delighted to have completed the Scottish 10k this morning. The weather was perfect and it's a lovely flat course along the coast at Musselburgh, just outside Edinburgh. I have been training hard for 3 months so felt ready today, but surprised to finish a whole 4 minutes faster than my practice times.

I enjoyed this so much I am sure it won't be my last.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Yay! Well done Jacky! brilliant running :)

2 likes

Well done Jacky. It was my first 10k event today too. It's a great feeling isn't it. 🤓

4 likes

Congratulations on your first 10k event and a well deserved medal.

2 likes

Many congratulations to you, what a lovely photo 🙂

3 likes

All the hard work paid off.

Well done.

Glad you enjoyed it.

3 likes

Well done, great picture shows how pleased you were

3 likes

Thanks everybody. I've been smiling all day - apart from when I've been eating! I've been absolutely starving since I got home. I've booked a 13k for springtime so that should keep me motivated to keep running through the winter.

3 likes

Brilliant 😀 well done on your first 10k race! Such a buzz isn't it? Good luck looking out for the next one! 🙂

1 like

Congratulations jacky😊...a terrific acheivement. You look very happy.

Well done on your time too, quicker than you expected...x

Beautiful!!! Well done you... Many more happy runs:)

Congratulations jackyf!

Well done you 👏👏👏👏🍾 and brilliant photo. You look really happy with your great achievement! 😀😀

Well done ! All that training pays off! Congratulations 😃🏃‍♀️👍✔️🏅🥂

Brilliant! What a lovely photo :) I'm glad you've already booked your next event too :)

Well done - great picture, you look so fresh.

Brilliant, very well done 👍 lovely photo of you looking happy and proud. Is the 13k next Spring the kilomathon in Edinburgh?

Yes, that's the one. It seems to be reasonably flat and has the bonus of finishing very close to my house.

1 like

I did the kilomathon this year! I wrote a post about it (if you are interested). Yes, a flat route along the cycle tracks. Nice atmosphere, well organised and great finishing in the stadium! Only one water station though and it was a warm day. You will enjoy it😊

1 like

You may also like...