10K face!!

10K face!!

I didn't set out to run a 10K this morning! The plan was to run down to the park, run the park run route then head home and run to 9K. I didn't even think I'd get to 7K as the route went up a steep hill...twice! But I carried on super slowly. I was a bit embarrassed when I puffed towards my Team GB triathlete friend in the park. But on I went. When my F10 went off at 9k I was right outside my house(well on the other side of the super busy road I live on) so I carried on. It helped that I was on a slight downhill stretch so I ran on...and on until my watch said I'd done the magic 10K. Whoop whoop!! I'm gonna treat myself to a cake this afternoon :)

Have a happy Monday everyone. Can I have a badge ;)

Last edited by

26 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Brilliant! Well done. You deserve a very large cake πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸ°πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Am hoping my husband is getting one for me in town right now!!

• Really excited for you loisamelia πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Wow, well done.. how amazing are you..digging deep and keeping on running... 10k without stopping is fantastic.

Hope you enjoy your 🍰 you have earned it, and your badge. Oh and maybe an extra rest day too..πŸ˜‰xxx

• Thanks Jan-now-runs I have salted caramel muffins to look forward to later on :)

• Very, very well done.. it took me a lot longer to reach 10K after Graduation. ( Mind I am an old snail ) :)

Go you!

Happy, happy face... enjoy the cake :)

• Thanks Oldfloss! When I started all this I had no idea a 10k was within my capabilities at all. You just never know what you can achieve do you!

• Oh no.. it's pretty darned amazing..:)

I am gonna try to get back up to 10K, but slowly, after being on the IC for a while now, with broken ribs and the lurgy!!!

I can walk it, no problem.. but running.. well.. slow and steady, as ever :)

• Well done loisamelia isn't it a great feeling! And I don't know why you'd feel embarrassed in front of your friend, I bet they think you are doing brilliantly. Enjoy the cake!

• She did say on FB she thought I was looking strong!!! Blimey!

• Super super SUPER post (and lovely 10k face) ☺

• Thanks McFitty :) I am well chuffed!

• Whoop whoop indeed!!! That's brilliant, well done to you. And that's a very happy 10K face πŸ€—

• Well done and enjoy a super yummy piece of cake! It is such a boost to finally get to 10k isn't it. I didn't plan my first one, I just thought I would see how far I would get which was 10k. Enjoy the happiness 10k brings.

• Thanks Hdoyle, I really did enjoy the cake ;) The 10k wasn't bad either! But it's all about the cake really...

• Haha, I think running facilitates my cake eating also!

• Well done you, congratulations!!

• Many thanks Tomas :)

• Congratulations! ☺ Great distance - enjoy the cake!!

• Thanks Sandraj39 :)

• Congratulations! Hope to join you really soon! Mmmm cake!

• Thanks Shazjj67 You can do this! :)

• Well done, it's a brilliant feeling when you achieve the 10k goal. Where do you get the badge? as I've not got mine yet.

• Yep, it is the best! :)

• Many Congratulations , the smile says it all ! :-)

You can request your badges here Gillysmith :

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto...

• Thanks poppypug :)

You may also like...