My 3rd 10K

So I've had a bit of a time of it lately and for one reason or another I missed my Saturday morning 5K and my long (for me) run on Monday.

So today things fell right and I've been out in the rain after work for a cheeky 10K. I find running very good for my soul and today it was great to just relax and unwind.

I have been slowly building up my long run and running it at 7m/k so I was happy enough with keeping that pace for the whole 10K, finishing in 1:10:02.

This means I've knocked 5 minutes 2 seconds off my previous PB for the 10K ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope everything's good with you all.

21 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That's a great chunk off your PB - well done! Funny how a few unplanned days off seem to work wonders sometimes isn't it?๐Ÿ™‚

• I certainly felt like I needed today's run Sandra

• Brilliant, nicely done and I agree running is so good for the soul....

• Thank you JJ

• If you were to enter a 10K race, I would predict that you would knock another 10 minutes off that!!!

• Thanks Bazza, a sub 60 minute 10k is a goal of mine for the future.

• Sounds like a fantastic run, well done, hope you stayed dry!!

• Thanks Joolie, not a chance I was rained on for all of the run, soaked through to the skin ๐Ÿ˜€

• Oh no! I sheltered under a tree but still got wet

• We just have to love our rain don't we?:)

• Can't let it stop us eh Floss.

Otherwise these might be weeks where we just don't run ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Top job B0bP !

Its been like a flippin' monsoon here ! Coming home from work was scary , I was aquaplaning and I wasn't even in the car !!

So glad it lifted your spirits, and I hope you had a nice chill out on the Southampton watching the falafel :-D xxx

• Thanks Pops.

It was just what I needed and it set me up for a lovely Ealing ๐Ÿ˜€

x x x

• Great image there pp.. you aquaplaning along the pavements!!! :)

• Blimey... go you!

Great run and great time too.. I am still only managing 8 k but..hey ho, onward and upward.

I love those runs when everything feels right and you just enjoy! Lovely :)

• Thanks Floss, in my homemade plan it should have been on Monday and just 9K but from 5K onwards I think I'd made my mind up to do the 10.

8K is pretty much there though, if you increased that by half a k each week you would have it nailed in 4 weeks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Well done! Doesn't it feel good when you manage to sneak in a longer run than you'd planned?

I've signed up for a 10km in just under 4 weeks, so I need to sneak in a few more long runs before then.

• Yep it certainly does.

My first 10K I just went out and did it, I had run 5K three times a week for a few weeks beforehand. Luckily I got away with it ๐Ÿ˜€

I think I'm at the stage now where I am going to do 10K on a Monday for a few weeks before increasing the distance by a k a week to take it towards HM.

• Some people swear by a rest week every now and again. It certainly has done you good.

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€ I didn't have a week off though, I don't know how I'd cope with that! I really don't like it when I miss runs.

• Sorry, I miss read the beginning!

You may also like...