Does anybody suffer from wind/bloating?

Although not taking this as an effect of anxiety, the past few days I've had a really uncomfortable and bloated stomach. I've also been belching a lot. Does anybody else get this? Sometimes I have fleeting moments of panic thinking there's something not right with my stomach but I think it could be wind? (I've never really been a sufferer of wind hence my intrigue) have a slight hunger feeling in my chest and a crampy stomach feeling. Wearing a dress today that clings to the stomach a bit, carrying a slightly 'pregnant' look with my swollen tum...lets hope nobody asks me if I want a seat on the train, that would be embarassing...

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes hun I do

Could be the time of the month or indegestion or maybe IBS which stress can cause

I no what you are saying though about looking pregnant , I remember saying I went out looking normal & my stomach would swell so much I would come in looking like the incredable hulk !!! that was back in the day when I did get out

It may settle , see if you can take note if it is happening every month , if it keeps happening & causing you problems you can ask GP

Be assured though I have had this for years

Love

whywhy

xxx

• I do really bad I was in and out of hospital through my child hood and now I suffer all the time n I got anxiety from that but then I do think I got ibs n the anxiety don't help n it gets me down last week someone asked me when my baby's due I just wanted to shout out loud thanks for calling me fat but it don't help when u feeling low in your self n that I'm a hairdresser n live around mirrors I never thought that my belly troubles would b the cause of my anxiety so u saying this is kinda a relief in away do I sound stupid ? Xxxx

• Plenty of weird tummy bugs doing the rounds so it's quite likely that.

• i suffer with alot of gastric problems, always belching, always passing wind every private chance i get, bloated and all at its worst when im due on like right now. trapped wind can be soooo painful so dont underestimate it. good god i sound like a geezer when i read that back!

• Hey love i was just thinking the same i have never been a burper but last couple of weeks have been burping like a good en i did get indigestion heart burn too which i never suffered with before so blogged if you read mine and everyone told me to get gaviscon still burping tho hun all time xxxx

• Ah thanks everyone. Put my mind at rest a little. Its good to know there are other burpers around :-) xxx

• Hi lovely, if you're concerned have a chat with your GP at your next apt. I did and i got an apt with a dietician. You can start a food diary ensuring you have a balanced diet (i thought i did as i love my fruit and veg but i still defo have some work to do!) stick to the balanced diet quite strictly for three weeks and make a note of any issues you have ie swelling, gas, stoll issues etc (sorry!) and then you have a clear record of the situation. Use the info in the links below, make a record for yourself and if you need to seek advice make an apt with a dietician and show them your findings :) Hope this helps lovely x

FYI - These are the same links the dietician will give you so if and when you meet them you'll be a step ahead! If you go, don't forget to tell them you've not been before as they will prob have to book you a double apt.

Balanced Diet & The Eatwell Plate - bda.uk.com/foodfacts/Health...

Bristol Stool Chart - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brist...

(even if you don't have any issues they will ask you to record this info)

Digestive System - livebeginsat60.files.wordpr...

(they didnt give this to me but i thought it was a helpful reminder for me, if i got a sharp pain i could try an figure out where it was coming from)

I only saw them last week so i don't know what happens next but this shoudl get you started :) I think i might be gluten intollerant but that would be rubbish so im hoping im wrong! Hope you find the above info useful. Take care xx

You may also like...