Trapped wind :-(

Hello, lately I strongly suspect I've been having a lot of belly trouble (ache, nausea etc.) with trapped wind. I didn't used to get this but it seems I do now. Anyone know of a good anti trapped wind medicine? I used to use Gaviscon but that doesn't seem suitable for sever trapped wind. It may also be a side affect of IBS, any suggestions? Thank you.

Paul

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Colifac works for me. I did get it from my GP.

If you are after a natural remedy, turmeric capsules are great for digestion problems.

• Thank you very much for your reply, I'll look into those.

• Hello

They do say peppermint or peppermint tea not sure if you have tried it ?

When I get it I gently rub upwards where it is trapped I find it helps release it

Hope you find something that works and feel better soon :-)

Take Care x

• Thank you for replying, I do have some peppermint IBS tablets I'm giving a try, I hope it works, such a bellyache with the wind.

• Ultimate Flora probiotics has kept my stomach settled in the past. It depends on the type of wind but I think of it as food fermenting in the gut so a happy gut with good bacteria should reduce/eliminate this. Treat the gut rather than the symptom.

• I should look after my gut better, that's not a bad idea. Thanks for getting back to me on that.

• Take probiotics daily and until your tummy heals take ginger tabs, Pepto, and Gas X. Eat carefully for a while...no gas producing foods. Drinking apple cider vinegar helps too. Best of luck to you.

You may also like...