Trapped wind :-(

Hello, lately I strongly suspect I've been having a lot of belly trouble (ache, nausea etc.) with trapped wind. I didn't used to get this but it seems I do now. Anyone know of a good anti trapped wind medicine? I used to use Gaviscon but that doesn't seem suitable for sever trapped wind. It may also be a side affect of IBS, any suggestions? Thank you.

Paul

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Colifac works for me. I did get it from my GP.

If you are after a natural remedy, turmeric capsules are great for digestion problems.

• Thank you very much for your reply, I'll look into those.

• Hello

They do say peppermint or peppermint tea not sure if you have tried it ?

When I get it I gently rub upwards where it is trapped I find it helps release it

Hope you find something that works and feel better soon :-)

Take Care x

• Thank you for replying, I do have some peppermint IBS tablets I'm giving a try, I hope it works, such a bellyache with the wind.

• Ultimate Flora probiotics has kept my stomach settled in the past. It depends on the type of wind but I think of it as food fermenting in the gut so a happy gut with good bacteria should reduce/eliminate this. Treat the gut rather than the symptom.

• I should look after my gut better, that's not a bad idea. Thanks for getting back to me on that.

• Take probiotics daily and until your tummy heals take ginger tabs, Pepto, and Gas X. Eat carefully for a while...no gas producing foods. Drinking apple cider vinegar helps too. Best of luck to you.

You may also like...