Anxiety Support

Senses are sky high!

Anyone overly sensitive to smell and sound? It’s like when someone is moping or even if hubby sprays Lynx I can’t even breath like I’m having a panic attack! If someone is colouring their hair in the salon I can’t even be in that room.

With noise the hand dryers in toilets, washing machine, overly loud people I feel so anxious and I can’t function and my heart is pounding.

Do you think all this is linked to anxiety? I just feel people go about happily with loud noises and stronger smells but with me it’s always a battle 😕

5 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm not sure if it's linked to anxiety but I get this when I have a headache (sensitivity to sound). But it could be that you are just sensitive to strong odors I get this with certain strong smells

1 like

Oh Layla you are not alone. We tend to be overly sensitive to smells and sounds and that's because of our over sensitized nervous system. Just walking past a nail salon in the mall can get me going :) x

1 like

Yes exactly if someone is getting acrylic nails done that smell makes me dizzy... so you guys wouldn’t think it’s anxiety and I’m just a sensitive soul?

once I tried out this new softener on our bedding, and I felt like i couldn’t breath in bed. The smell which was a pleasant floral smell yet my heart was pounding and I couldn’t breath. I’ve often wondered if my anxiety caused this.. my poor husband somtimes has to stand in the cold garden to spray his pits! His body sprays is something i can’t seem to handle xx

Layla321, oh...sprays in the house? I spray and run out of the room. It is our anxious ways that make us more sensitive than the average person. x

Thanks for the reply hun makes me feel normal x

You may also like...