Anxiety Support
35,777 members39,267 posts

Holiday anxiety

For the past 7 years I have hated the holidays . I get really anxious during his time and also depressed. I do not like being around my family. I want to just run away sometimes because it’s too much to be around them. They are so dysfunctional. It seems like everything that I have been through in the past replays in my mind during this of year. I feel numb. I don’t want to be like this anymore. I wanna be happy and love my life. I feel like I’m stuck. I wanna meet new people. Make new friends and travel the world. I want to give my child a childhood that he does not have to heal from in the future like I am currently going through. I want to remove certain people out of my life who cause me anxiety.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi User4567,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about "holiday blues"in the forum.

I printed out the useful article from Web MD as a reminder of the things I can do to cope.

webmd.com/depression/featur...

The biggest thing for me is to do as much as I can cope with at this time.

You might call it a New Year's resolution but you need to plan how you are going to achieve those goals to find a happier place in 2018.

Wishing you all the best from Australia :)

1 like

I have already made my list for resolutions for 2018. I am not taking anyone’s mess anymore anything hard cause me anxiety or stress I’m leaving it alone

1 like

I’m gone distance my self from toxic people my family members I am so over them

You may also like...