Cloud Lifted

I've just come through a terrible month long bout of anxiety. I struggle with decision making and recently made a tough one that knocked me for six (cricketing term). I struggled to go out, i struggled to eat, i struggled.

I started taking medication which increased the anxiety.

I could think of nothing else other than the decision. Even when i was talking to people about other subjects my mind was saying 'have i made the right decision?'

I spoke to a friend every day who selflessly reassured me that the right decision was made. Even when i wanted to change my mind but then i would have worried if reversing the decision was the right decision.

Anxiety is horrid but i want to reassure others that it passes. Keep talking, friends will listen again and again.

I'm making plans, nothing life changing, stability is required for a little while.

First job - decorate... as simple as that. Keeping myself occupied, being satisfied with what i have and what I've achieved but looking forward.

I don't think my anxiety will go away completely but with friends and a positive attitude I'm going to enjoy myself. Even if my life and dining room are to be magnolia!

Take care and keeping posting... messaging this site helped me.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi there, magnolia - that gave me a little chuckle. Good to hear you are doing better. I agree keeping occupied, if you can does help. All the best x

You may also like...