Anxiety Support
35,034 members38,817 posts

Trapped?

Does anyone get the feeling of life being fake and you're trapped in life when you get anxiety? That's the best I can explain it. I don't think it's derealization cause I don't see it as fake. I just see it as being trapped and like life is pointless. I really dont feel like that, but my anxiety does it to me!

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes. This is something that I really struggle with when my anxiety is bad. I would recommend trying to anchor yourself. Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and 1 thing you can taste. Also find 5 things of different color. Don't worry too much about it, it's completely normal! Sending love and prayers from TX.💕

5 likes

Great to hear! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME! I will definitely try that <3

3 likes

Thank you! We'll all get through this

2 likes

Yep me too. I often feel like my life is on repeat every single day and I'm just existing one day to the next. Like a robot :(

4 likes

We all just gotta push thru. Praying we all get thru this soon

2 likes

Hope so! I feel tired a lot too

1 like

What did your post say?

I get the same symptoms. What do u mean on the door?

It makes me feel slow and tired. It just doesn't feel normal

1 like

Hi. A better question would be to ask yourself if you have been living a real life prior to anxiety onset. Have you been 'Real' to yourself, to your true needs? Often, anxiety may be a result of living a life that is sort of fake to begin with. We create characters to match the game of life. Please don't take it as a criticism but as food for thought. We tend to live lives that are grandiose on the outside but as a result suffer on the inside. If this goes for long enough anxiety, depression and other problems may occur. Cheers

2 likes

Like it's not real, yes. That's the worst. I'm still here.

Most days I feel like this, I don't know wether it is normal, but I find keeping busy helps me to distract myself from thinking about it! Hope this helps a bit!

3 likes

Yes. I feel like this every day. And like Rachms11, I feel like each day is a repeat of the one before. I look forward to going to bed, because I can sleep (thank goodness) but the day starts up the same. I feel trapped in life and feel it's all just pointless just like you. I could've written that post!

2 likes

Wow! I thought i was the only one! Anxiety is a horrible thing. It's stressing all of us out ahaha We'll get thru this

1 like

Yeah it really is :( We can try at least :)

1 like

Do things to fill your minds with other thoughts, make everyday different.

1 like

You may also like...