Advice

I'm suffering from severe health anxiety that I can't tell what's real and what's in my head anymore. It's killing me. My heart palpitations are constant and I can't sleep. I'm not myself around anybody. I want to be alone yet when I'm alone it's worse. I don't know how to get through this. Xanax does not seem to be working. I take one and my heart palpitations dull for a few minutes then a bad thought will pop into my head and I'll be back to square one. I don't know what to do. I can't go on like this. 

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey Rkb.  I understand how you're feeling.  I also get annoying palpitations.  Mine feel like skipped heart beats.  when this happens a lot my mind is primarily focused on every single heart beat, which produces anxiety, and is extremely annoying.   What type of palpitations do you get?   Skipped beat or fast pulse or hard heartbeat?  Just curious.   

• Hi thanks for the reply. I get ones where my heart is beating so fast and so strong that it's going to burst out of my chest. I know it sounds dramatic but that's the best way to describe it

• Oh Man, yea I know exactly what you're talking about.  That is super duper annoying and extra scary.   BTW, have you ever had a good checkup by a cardiologist to ease your mind at all?   I used to get that all the time and it would wake me up in the middle of the night, must have been beating 180 to 200 beats a minute for a couple minutes and then would start slowing down.   

• Hi....I too suffer from health aniexty..... I get totally consumed by the thought that I'm I'll, its soo bad, what ever my focus is that day I just think about it constantly....... I've got a massive Cancer phobia!!!!

• Hi I also suffer from health anxiety . Its considered hypochondriac. I didn't realize it was this bad till a few days ago. I also get palpitations . Where I feel my heart racing so fast . I have been cleared by a cardiologist though. sometimes I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all in my head . I was good to go the first few days I found out it wasn't any heart related problems but now I'm starting to wonder if the doctor missed something . Yeah ! Health anxiety blows . Try meditating it helps me get through my days I try to do it. Once I wake up in the mornings and before I go to bed at night . Also try and keep positive mind set I know it's super difficult . But doesn't hurt to try . I you ever need someone to talk too don't hesitate to reach out to me ! Hope you're feeling better . Much love xox

You may also like...