Stressing about upcoming hospital admission!

I`m finally going to get treatment for a rectocele that has been giving me trouble for a few years now. I`m being admitted to my local hospital for a procedure called rectal augmentation, which involves injecting collagen to strengthen a weakened rectal muscle. I go in on tuesday, & they`ll give me a local anasthetic, & midazolam to sedate me. I`ll have to stay in for the night because they don`t allow sedated patients home the same day unless they have someone to look after them at home. I`m looking forward to being free of my symptoms, but I`m nervous about the procedure as well. Has anyone on this site had this done, if so, what was it like, & were you pleased with the results?

4 Replies

• sorry I've not heard of this before but hope all goes well.

• Hi Hairyfairy I have not had this procedure but I have heard of it and the results are usually very good.I hope all goes well for you I know being sedated is worrying but you will be well looked after

Thinking of you Kenny xx

• Hi hairyfairy, sorry dont know anything about this procedure but hope all goes well and leaves you feeling better :) xx

• Hi hairy fairy

Never had it done myself but hope all goes well and you get some longterm relief. Xxx

You may also like...