I had my SBI 50 years ago and really struggled to cope (without any help) for the first 10 years after I gradually coped with life with the occasional back slide.

About 3 months ago after the death of a close friend I have being having flashbacks of what I went through during those first 10 years and can't relax is this normal ?

I am receiving treatment from my GP at the moment at last

4 Replies

• Hello dillm

Sorry you've been having a rough time lately, glad your gp is helping now though.

Hate to show my ignorance but I don't know what SBI is so cannot comment on that.

Do take care

• Severe brain injury

• Ah I see, thank you.

Well I can only re-iterate what whywhy said I think it's a perfectly normal reaction to a very stressful event.

A number of years ago I had ptsd. Although I was lucky enough to get good help some situations or events can still send me back there. I think it's the feelings, if you feel something similar to then, it triggers the memory & takes you back. But in my own experience this doesn't last.

I do hope you feel better soon

• Hi & welcome

I would say that is normal , something so traumatic as loosing a friend can start things back of we had learnt to let go of

I am glad you are getting help from your GP

Keep coming on & talking , that helps to :)

You may also like...