Not sure what is wrong - feeling strange

I'm new here, and to be honest, i don't particularly know what is wrong with me. I'm about to go into my third year of university in September and I've hated the past year of it, i haven't been getting the best grades even though i try so hard and its really getting me down. I'm constantly worrying about things in my life, which aren't necessarily things to worry about, i feel stressed all of the time and i don't know why, little arguments with my boyfriend also make me really stressed and upset but this past week, i have been feeling very strange, i don't know why, it might be the heat which has got to me, but the past few days i have been feeling very lethargic, weak and dizzy, with constant headaches, and when i get stressed i get this horrible pain in my head, sounds silly but it feels like my head could explode! painkillers are not getting rid of the headache and i will more than likely always wake up with one? My friend said that i worry about things which aren't in my control, which is true, but it's only been this past year where i have been feeling like it. i don't want a diagnosis, as i haven't been to the doctors with it. And i worry that if i talk to someone they think I'm over exaggerating!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi & welcome

From what you say , it seems you are suffering with anxiety , it may be due to the pressure you feel under at uni or that may have had a big contribution

I no that suffering with anxiety myself , I tend to worry all the time & over think everything , I think its part of all this

Trying to take each day as it comes & not allow our minds to go to far ahead , is something that really helps , its very hard to train ourselves to do this , but it can be done

I dont think for one minute your GP would feel you were over the top , with how you feel , so many people suffer with this , that they have heard it all before & if you have a good GP who was understanding , would give you support

Rather than suffer , I would go & see them , take down what you have written here , if you feel you will struggle to explain

You will find so many on here that feel just as you do , which can give comfort knowing you are not alone

Keep talking & well done in doing your first post , that is a big step in itself as I no it can be daunting

love

whywhy

xxx

• Thank you! I'm going on holiday in a few days so I'm hoping that i will be able to relax and have a good time there and if i feel the same when i get home then it'll be a trip to the doctors

Thanks for the help

• That sounds a very sensible plan nina

I hope you enjoy your holiday & it helps you to relax

The site is always here , so use this to say how you feel , it helps , just on a change over & the format is different which is taking us all some getting used to , but when it gets going there is so much support

Let us no how you holiday goes :-)

xxx

You may also like...