Difficult situation : I’m new here. I... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

57,400 members57,574 posts

Difficult situation

Bri2264
Bri2264

I’m new here. I used to struggle with anxiety really bad. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder and a bunch of other things. I am doing really good now. I am on medication and don’t have any physical signs anymore. I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 years and he has full custody of his two children who live with us. His ex does not see the kids and is in and out of jail. She has a violent past and has tried to start problems before. I didn’t know the extent of her history until we were already living together and had developed a relationship. I knew some of it. She has been locked up for like a year and is getting out in a month or so. I love my boyfriend and want to continue the relationship. I’m not a confrontational person, I don’t want the drama and I have been making myself sick worrying about this. Her history shows she will just get out and probably get in trouble again. I have let all this build up in my head living on what if and my self confidence just sucks and my anxiety is coming back. I guess I just was wondering if anyone had advice and dealt with anything like this.

2 Replies
Hidden
Hidden

I just prayed for you. I don't kow what advice to suggest for you except discuss how you feel with your love one and make sure you are in a safe situation. Think about what you want to and are going to say first. I just want you to be safe. Hugs!

Bri2264
Bri2264 in reply to Hidden

Thank you. We have discussed it a lot. I just don’t know what she will act like when she gets out. Hopefully she just stays away.

You may also like...