Anxiety and Depression Support
20,790 members18,470 posts

Will I feel normal again?

I was diagnosed with GAD and mild depression about a week ago, and I started taking Prozac.This week I'm supposed to up my dose. The first few days it was making my anxiety worse and it gives me insomnia. I know it takes 3-4 weeks to kick in, but I was wondering if I will ever feel like myself again or if constant anxiety and low energy is permanent??? (Just joined this group today btw)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

From my own journey with panic disorder and depression I have found I can’t go back to the way I was. It was my old “normal” self and it’s ways of doing things that caused my panic and depression. You are on a journey of self discovery. You will change but change is a part of life. Right now everything is hazy for you. You have to get your bearings. Give it time.

2 likes

Yes, you will adjust. If you don't, talk with your doctor. Meds work different for each of us.

You can have my pre-medication normal, I don't ever want to see it again.

1 like

I agree with Greg, you will need some time to adjust, yes you will feel like yourself. When starting a new medication we all feel anxious, this will pass. Get some rest when you can, take care of yourself, drink lots of water, get your heart rate up ( exercise)

2 likes

You may also like...