Anxiety and Depression Support

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this online community. Never thought of using the internet for help lol You can call me Nessi. I found this website by searching around online since I have been feeling a lot of anxiety and slight depression lately. I have not been diagnosed but I have set up a doctor appt with my PCP (primary care doctor) for my yearly check up and to let him know that I think I might have anxiety.

Anxiety and the depression is new for me.... I never felt like this before. I'm just reaching out for support and maybe seeing if anyone else is feeling how I feel...

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome, I have GAD and have so for years. Know that you are not alone. Also the state of the world I am sure contributes to this . No kidding!

1 like

Hi gogogirl! Thank you for replying. Yea I think it comes from not only this crazy world we live in today but also all the stress that I'm under currently. I have a very hectic schedule with work, school, and an internship. I moved out recently with my boyfriend and his brother so real life just kind of been smacking me around.

1 like

Wow, that's a lot! What type of internship?

Social Work. I'm actually doing a dual internship at a soup kitchen and at a transitional home, helping homeless families into permanent housing.

1 like

Well, that is wonderful! I give you a lot of credit. I remember working full time and going to get another degree at night. Now, that I am old- I sometimes look back and wonder where all the time went. You go!

1 like

Thank you! I truly love giving back to my community and helping others. Lately its been hard to focus on my studies and assignments because i'm overwhelmed with everything going on (between school/internship and work) and my personal life. But i'm trying to stay focused and positive! :)

1 like

It takes a lot to reach out and to also report this to a doctor also. Some doctors also ask if someone is depressed or anxious at the time of a physical the whole body /mind connection which is a good start I think

1 like

I agree! I'm excited and kinda nervous and the appt isn't until December lol

1 like

Welcome, nessi. I hope you get some answers at your Dr. appointment. Good job reaching out; I know for me that's often the hardest part!

2 likes

Thank you! Yes, I feel like it's necessary at this point before things get worse. Yea reaching out was hard for me but it's getting better especially since I joined this community :)

2 likes

Hi Nessi,

I have only been on this site for a few weeks after feeling deeply depressed and super anxious. It is true, you are not alone and I find it comforting to know there is a community here that understands.

3 likes

Hi bornthisway,

Your right, this community has made me realize I am not alone in feeling this way. Thank you for reaching out. :) Glad to hear back from fellow members!

You may also like...