recovery or relapse?

hi everyone i'm new to the group.

I was diagnosed with depression, it was a long battle, but i got through it.

As the winter months approach, i seem to be feeling like i want to lie in bed more, mope around, sleep. I do feel like my feelings might start creeping up on me especially when the clocks go back.

I am basically worried and am looking for advice or who to go to.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds similar to SADs seasonal affective disorder, often the darkness makes us feel much worse as the days are shorter. Are you currently on any medication or therapy regime?

• i was actually first diagnosed with depression in may...affects me all year round :/ i just know the winter months make it worse. i was on medication but have stopped taking it a while back...just not feeling myself at the moment

• may of 2014

• Sure depression is all year round and relentless at times. would you consider getting advice and thinking about going back on your medication as a little helping hand? Has anything happened recently to trigger this onset?

• definately i was in america all summer being active and now im back in the UK where the weather is gloomy + cold and im sat in a room doing work...

looking to seek help but dont know whether i should

• the weather is flaming miserable isn't it? I am at work too and when fighting anxiety and depression it's so hard. I don't think you have anything to lose. Perhaps see your GP and see what they suggest. take care

You may also like...