Help

Hi all,

I'm suffering through a terrible bout of depression. I had surgery about 3 weeks ago but I slipped into this depression state before the surgery. I am 49 years old and this has happened to me once before about 5 years ago and I was able to climb out. I worry because my dad was bipolar and could I have the genes? Can you develop bipolar later in life? My job is very stressful and I find out the day of my surgery my job may be closing its doors. I have two young kids and all this is way to overwhelming! I can't sleep I can't eat and I feel like I am the biggest loser and failure. I just lost my mom less then a year ago and I'm wondering if this is all part of the grieving process. I'm worried about losing my job and losing everything! I'm walking around in constant fear. So I kept looking on the internet for help and this is how I found this group.

By the way I pray every night asking for healing.

Thanks for being here

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good Morning , I read and can relate to your journey. I am not a therapist but I am my sister's keeper if that makes sense. I am so glad you pray and God hears you. You have a lot of concerns and I would be overwhelmed two HOWEVER someone once said "Our Mess Is Our Ministry.". I am 71 years young and we are all connected. Are you getting any help with counseling. There is help available. Every city has a Social Service Department and qualified social workers. You can call or walk in . If you have access to a phone book generally there is a section with numerous agencies. I highly recommend Catholic Charities. Salvation Army.

You can do this , Yes You Can. Make a list of your basic needs. Are you connected to a church ? I am a new member of a church and there are no words to describe the love and support i get not just on Sunday. Sunday school for kids and women's ministries. If you can tell me what city you live I can look at websites. Age is on your side. If your job ends , god will give you something Bigger and Better. Do you ever listen to Joyce Meyer? A survivor of child abuse! Child care services? YWCA can be a good source. I want you to have a prayer wall. My refridgerator door has affirmations and pictures of butterflies ect. Where you sleep must be a daily retreat. As orderly as possible. A lack of sunshine when I lived in NYS was bad for my heath. B12 . sunshine. Kale LOl helps. Every family has mental health families but even if a doctor says you have Bipolar , it doesn't have YOU. Did you see the eclipse yesterday. I went to a free garden party at Duke . I know that this is a new season and we who know that GOD is in still God can take a deep breath and get busy . This is your season . Joel Osteen, Dallas Tx on you tube has healing and motivational sermons to inspire you. Joel is Number one 1 in my book. I love you in the lord and my favorite song that i sing everyday NO MATTER WHAT is The LORD WILL PROVIDE. I suggest you write-type that on a piece of paper and hang it in every room. I will be praying for you and please pray for me. When you open your eyes in the morning tell the world , THE LORD WILL PROVIDE. I am blessed and humbled today to listen and pray. Get Busy! If someone suggest Meds do your research. Side effect s. It is a BIG Business. The agencies I suggested are CHRIST CENTERED. please let me know how you are doing. RosemaryFootePrior @gmail.com. member Mount Vernon Baptist Church , Durham, NC.

• Thank you so much for responding I feel God is working already on my situation. I have had two breakthroughs this morning and you are one of them. There is a Salvation Army down the street from me. I will go check it out to see if they can help.

Thank you again I will keep in touch!

• You Have Blessed Me Today More Then you Can imagine. I Too Am Going THROUGH a painful situation .Never The Less I KNOW GOD IS ABLE. MY SALVATION ARMY IN ROCHESTER HAD A MAJOR FOOD DISTRIBUTION FOR ALL IN THE SUMMER OUTDOORS. LONG LINES AND I WOULD PASS OUT WATER AND POPSICKLES AND THANK THEM FOR COMING. GREAT STORES.

PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH. God Loves You more. Rosemary

• It sounds like you're overwhelmed to me. You could use some down time, help with the kids, relaxing fun creative things to do, projects to accomplish....... reading the Bible is a great connect! Don't just pray to God, let Him talk to you too. I have Bi-polar, I was diagnosed 6 months after a traumatic head injury at 21 in a fully psychotic state. I'm 54 now and doing well with a husband of 32 years and 2 kids. It's not all bleak. God is in charge, roll with it.

• Thank you

You may also like...