Tauroursodeoxycholic acid

This was a new one on me. I only Googled it because I liked the name.

link.springer.com/article/1...

Tauroursodeoxycholic bile acid arrests axonal degeneration by inhibiting the unfolded protein response in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

Alzheimer's, Parkinsons's, Huntington's, ALD, AMN, Ocular disorders.

Impressive stuff for an OTC supplement.

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This is very interesting. A lot of medical terms, however through the years I have self-taught through my own research. This is definitely a new idea for me, and sounds very promising.

I'm going to see if it is available at my local health food store. Thanks for sharing.

• Well found! That is 2 articles of potential new treatments from December 2016.

• I'm positive there is more.

Stop the axonal degeneration, remyelinatiin, upregulate ABCD2.

I'll do a post about Sobetirome in a few hours.

I've been obsessively reading patents. Companies have patented "cures" for AMN. Just existing drugs and supplements repurposed for a new disease.

I'll type it all up later.

• I read up and bought some TUDCA. It may not do anything but it also doesn't seem to have any side effects so I'm going to give it a go

• wilburlois15 , where did you buy? I'll get my credit card out and buy some.

• Yes, looks good. I always buy bulk powder.

I'm on my phone here, soon as I get to a PC I'll work out the best value.

I'm thinking of ebay.com/itm/151170396125

• Thank you for all the time and effort you put into researching and especially for sharing this info! I truly believe the sharing here is what will bring us the best results and hopefully a cure in the future!

• Impressive speed! That was was only published on 21/12/16! Thank you Monkeybus.

• I just bought some I'll give it a try also. It was on back ordered on a lot of sites.

• Maybe I've started a revolution. Biotin was sold out for a while when the remyelinatiin news was announced.

• Any updates on the TUDCA? This seems like one of the most promising things I've seen yet.

• I ordered from Ebay (that renowned purveyor of nutraaceuticals).

Forgot all about it, hasn't arrived yet.

I'll chase it up ASAP

• I've started taking the TUDCA. I have been reading the study, and cannot determine what dose they used in the mice. Then perhaps we can figure out a dose for humans relative to weight. Does anyone have any ideas?

This seems amazingly promising. It appears that mitochondrial damage as present in adrenomyeloneuropathy is also present in many neurological conditions.

• @bluejadedwho, I've been banging on about mitochondrial damage for what seems like years now.

Nice to see someone else reference it.

I'll post later about mitochondrial nutrients. Something in this, for sure.

You may also like...