Active 10

Getting a helping Hand xx

Morning I really would like to lose 3stone have tried every diet, need to do it to keep well to enjoy my lovely family. I love to cook and I do cook healthy, I feel my portion size needs to be addressed and I need to walk more. Hav3 had loads of stress in my life, as I know lots of people do, retired from work and now waiting for a date to move house which hopefully will be soon. So I thought this would be a great way to get help with my big plan. My age is 63 soon to be 64 in January and really want to start this journey xx

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome onboard, we will,help you to reach your goals.

2 likes

Hi Sueb63! Changing your lifestyle is hard, isn't it? But by making the decision to address your fitness level and weight issue you are halfway there! I joined this group 7 months ago and could only manage 200 steps. With the support I received here I can now walk 2600 steps - and by watching my diet too I have lost 20 lbs. You are motivated and you can do this!

2 likes

Best wishes and welcome - you'll get lots of great support here and no-one is at all judgemental about how we are doing on this journey. I started walking and have gradually increased my steps each week. I now watch a video on "youtube" if the weather is too bad to walk outside and that way I can do my walk indoors.

2 likes

I love that idea. Is there a link you could post and share.

1 like

Have a few that I now use to vary my indoor work outs, lol!!! I look for Leslie Sansone on youtube... or 1 Mile Happy Walk Hope those are of hope use...

and

That’s brilliant, thank you

1 like

Welcome. We've got walkers of all abilities, ages and shapes here. We support each other with our goals and share our successes and struggles. I look forward to following your journey.

2 likes

You are ready to do this... Happy birthday!!

Have you a plan? Many people here find the 12week NHS programme helpful.

Best wishes and looking forward to cheering on your success!!😀

You may also like...