Lost/lonely

Hello,

My name is Alex, I'm 26 and I was diagnosed with bipolar disease with psychotic episodes in February 2016. Although I believe I've been having problems since a very long time. I'm supervised by my doctor and I'm taking olanzpine. I've been hospitalised on and off. I tried to conote a suicide tow months ago.

I feel ashamed of myself but I've decided I'll try my best and first accept my state in order to get better.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Alex, and welcome to the community. :)

Sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time of late. Good on you for finding us to talk about how you're feeling and what you're going through. It is a lovely group here and there are plenty of people more than willing to talk.

I think you hit the nail on the head there with accepting your affliction - there is no guilt or shame in acknowledging that one is unwell, be it physical or mental. It is something I struggled with for a long time so I can certainly relate to that.

• Thank you, it is very important to me to have a real person respond. I will get better because i want it so badly. There is plenty of work ahead of me, but im ready for the challenge. As they said in one silly series: Challenge accepted

• I like that series. Barney Stinson is hilarious. Xxx

• Hi Alex, welcome to the forum, Im sure youl find lots of help and support on here.,you've had a very rough time, and I sincerely hope with the continued support of your doctor and those around you you can start to feel better soon.

You may also like...