I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and was thinking it was pretty much under control now due to the medication.
Mid August my tiredness started to creep back in and was becoming rather extreme and stopped me doing my normal routine / having to cancel arrangements etc.
My Rheumatologist team ran full blood screening and only out of range was Vit D at 53 ( range 75-200). Out of interest my B12 was 363 range (200-900). My TSH was 1.2 range (.35 -5) bloods were taken around 11:30 am , not fasting!
I started over counter Vit D3 ( 25ug) from mid Dec as GP can’t prescribe loading dose unless under 50. She stated that it would show mainly as sore joints ( I get that anyway with RA) and not really extreme tiredness!
She ran hormone testing as my periods are certainly a bit random now for nearly a year ( i’m 49). Bloods taken on day 10 of cycle ( follicular phase?) are readings:
LH 4.8 ( range 1.9 -12.5)
FSH 5.9 ( range 2.5 - 10.2)
Oestradiol 1,035 pmol/L ( range 71.6 -529.2)
I am considering using the Medichecks tests for Thyroid with vitamins and the Hormone one as they say it should be taken on day 3 of the monthly cycle ( why don’t GP’s tell us this)! Also, I can have all the Thyroid readings done by fasting and first thing in morning.
My other symptoms are:
- muscular all over pains ( different to RA pains) on waking
- never feel refreshed after sleep
-frequent waking in night
-tightness in lower back ( not always )in mornings
-chest congestion ( wakes me as I have to clear my throat) that builds over night
- extreme tiredness.... cannot get through the day
- brain fog
- stomach playing up like constipated ( not regular daily movements but always used to be)
- slight vaginal irritation ( mainly aware when wiping ( sorry) but not all time so not a infection
I exercise regularly, walk the dog and eat so healthily, all homemade!
My questions are:
1) does anybody recognise the symptoms ?
2) would you recommend the two private blood tests?
3) has anybody had an issue with getting their GP to accept the private blood results?
4) as I have an autoimmune disease will this effect the blood readings?
Any guidance pls!!!!