Thyroid test results

Had yearly test results which seem ok and not feeling too bad at present 😊

tSH 1.27 (.27-4.20)

T4 20.8 (12-22)

B12 717 (197-771)

Ferritin 167 (13-150)

D3 62 - 75 optimal

Last results revealed B12 and D3 needed supplementation. Looks as tho B12 ok now but would the advice be to carry on with Vit D supplement?

Currently take Vit B complex plus B12 and D. Should I stop B 12 and 'B'

Thank you in advance for advice. New GP so no mineral results

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Remember to stop B complex 3-4 days before any blood tests, as biotin may falsely affect test results

endocrinenews.endocrine.org...

endo.confex.com/endo/2016en...

• Recommended levels are

B12 - top of range, even 900-1000 for us Hypos. I wouldn't stop supplementing, I would continue with 1000mcg sublingual methylcobalamin, along with the B Complex to keep all B vits balanced.

Vit D at 62 hasn't reached the replete range of 75-200. Recommended level is 100-150nmol/L according to the Vit D Council. You should continue supplementing D3 and when you've reached the recommended level reduce to a maintenance dose. Remember you need D3's important cofactors, particularly K2-MK7 and magnesium vitamindcouncil.org/about-v...

Ferritin is recommended to be half way through it's range. Are you supplementing?

• No, thought Ferritin ok???

• Well, it's over range and recommended is half way through range. Ranges vary - men - pre menopausal women - post menopausal women. Keep an eye on it.

• Ferritin can be over range due to Hashimoto's.

You may also like...