Low Stomach Acid and Apple Cider Vinegar

I have low stomach acid and I have been taking 2 capsules Betaine HCL & Pepsin with every meal as well as supping lemon water all day, but my supplements are getting really expensive and I would like to change over to Apple Cider Vinegar with 'mother' - I have got Aspall's Organic unfiltered at the moment

Please can anyone advise me as to when it is best to take, what dilution and anything I need to add to it?

Thank you :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, I also have low acid problem and have been taking Bragg's ACV plus digestive bitters 3 times a day before meals and it works very well. I also take bovine geletine every morning as this is supposed to help heal the gut.

• Which digestive bitters do you take please and where do you get it from? Many thanks 😊

• I take Centaurium drops made by A.Vogel. You can get them in any good health food shops or Boots chemist.

• Thanks so much 😊

• Hey Kate64,

Some people rate Urban Moonshine as a good one, but its super expensive. Planetary herbals is another...

I use the Nature Works Swedish Digestive Bitters 500ml (38% alcohol) bottles from luckyvitamin.com/p-31983-na... ...be careful because you will have to pay an import duty £8 and 20% VAT, if the good's value is over £18 inc P&P - I did a bulk purchase with some quality oregano oil etc. and after crunching the numbers it was a little cheaper for me.

On Amazon there is the alcohol-free one called Flora: amazon.co.uk/d/qid/Swedish-...

In the future I think I will do Flora and remove the alcohol component.

:-)

• Brill! Thanks again 😊

• I take a tablespoon of ACV in about 50mls of water and add 10-15 drops of Centaurium (A.Vogel) as well.

• Thank you stig5882 this is really useful. I do take 2 x tps Swedish Digestive Bitters, but only once per day...so it will be good to incorporate it with an ACV dilution into a "pre-meal swig" :-)

For my leaky gut I have been taking L-Glutamine, Zinc and Liquorice...I have not heard of Bovine Geletine, I try to stay away from the bovine food chain as much as possible due to the potential toxicity, as I know I have methylation problems! I am struggling to detox :-(

• I take ACVWM after being recomended on here :-)

I take 2 teaspoons in a small glass of water before each meal :-)

I used Bragg's to start but am now on a Kentish one (it was a little cheaper).

I just wish I did not spill so much pouring out 2 teaspoons lol

• Thank you ajs100uk, I spill loads of my swedish digestive bitters measuring out the dose :-) lol!

I will "glug" down this Aspall's and then try Braggs or Kent ACVWM.

• Can you buy empty aromatherapy bottles with droppers? I have a variety of sizes as I mix my own and find the droppers really useful. I use Baldwins for these sort of supplies.

• Hi cwill, I have just re-purposed a milk thistle seed tincture bottle for just this job! :-)

• You could try using a 10ml syringe

• Just take a couple of teaspoons to begin with as it is quite strong mixed with water or juice before and during your meal.

• Thank you shaws :-)

• I found one teaspoon with a whole glass of water before every meal helpful until it settled down then I just took one teaspoon with a whole glass of water before main meal. Now I just take a teaspoon when I need to. I am not gluten free but I cut down on gluten and found it helped to minimise it.

• Thanks Nanaedake, I can see that I will need to experiment and see what dose is best for me - possibly need to keep revisiting the "burp test" :-)

You may also like...