Confused about vitamin K

Hi everyone. Ive been looking for a vitamin K supplement. I have previously purchased and taken two different ones, which stated they were K2 derived from natto (seaweed)but I reacted very badly to this. So I'm guessing I may benefit from a synthetic type instead. I would just like to know what is the synthetic Vitamin K, is it MK4? Ive been looking into the different vitamin K types but I dont really understand it all. The only thing I am aware of is that I cannot tolerate Vitamin K2 derived from natto (which a lot of the products seem to be). Can anyone help me at all with this please?

Many Thanks

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by thyroid conditions by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry natto is fermented soy not seaweed, my apologies

• Thorne for example has MK4.

• You could try eating more greens as they are high in Vitamin K (although not specific K2). See the list on the link below kale and spinach look good :-)

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tna...

• Thank you for the information 👍, I really appreciate it, thanks 😊

• You can get both MK4 and MK7. Try posting in the osteoporosis group.

• Thank you 😊

• The best way to get vit. k is from food. The richest source as far as I am aware is gouda cheese, think it's also important to have enough vit. d

• Thank you 😊

You may also like...