Thyroid s

I am now on 2 grains of thyroid s. Can someone tell me what the equivalent levothyroxine is.

I am supplementing allvitamins.

I have ckicky neck and jaw .Tinnitus major headache . Upper respiratory infection. Face is so painful. Can't sleep can't get up really bad pains in hips and legs.

am Taking spatone iron.

I can't seem to get a good temp in my brain. I do feel warm.

can these be symptons oestrogen dominance.

It's 13.51 in still in dressing gown didn't wake up till 11.00 am.

My brain really hurts. I have no energy. Just pain.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Each tablet contains 38 mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3, so you're on 78 mcg + 18 mcg. If you take T3 to have 3x the strength of T4, the 18 mcg is equivalent to 54 mcg and so your 2 grains = 132 mcg T4. If you take T3 to have 4x the strength, then you're on the equivalent of 150 mcg T4.

• Thankyou for this information very helpful I don't feel very well on it. I was on 175 t4 for years. Last month the GPS dropped this to 125 mgs so I wondered if I shoul drop the thyroid s down to 1 and half grains so how mucj would this be. Sorry getting you to do the work for me but i have the most awful brain fog and feel w

awful .gp does not know I'm on NDT as is not supportive.

Thank you for your reply.

kate

• Well, my brain fog befuddled me to come up with 78 instead of 76 on the first line, above.

So 2 grains is roughly equivalent to 130 to 148 mcg of T4

...and...

1.5 grains is roughly equivalent to 97.5 to 111 mcg of T4

Good luck!

• Oh yeah snap

cheers

• Hello kjc1tisdell, which was the initial levo dose. The tinnitus is because you are not on the correct dose.

• I was on 175mgs levo for 8 years then they dropped it to 150 then 2 weeks ago dropped it again to 125. I think this has something to do with menopause and ftp in estrogen . Because when they put me on get they upped my dose again. But I'm not on hrt now so reducing me down . I am confused but I doesn't seem to matter what I'm on I still get diarrohea.

• Maybe you should drop your ndt to 1 grain and add some levo(aprox.75mcg)

• Thanks I will try this its all a game of halves isn't it. I was told by my gp last week that I was just getting old. At 48 I might as well start my sunlife package now. Lol

kate

You may also like...