Help with results

I was taking 75 thyroxine and 20 T3 split into 2 doses in January when I saw consultant - results were:

TSH 0.08 (range 0.3 - 4.2)

FT3 5.3 (range 3.1 - 6.8)

FT4 14.1 (range 12 - 22)

He told me to increase thyroxine to 100 plus 20 T3 - results 6 weeks later:

TSH 0.02

FT3 6.7

FT4 17.5

Was contacted by surgery to advise that GP needs to see me asap because of latest results - I am beginning to panic a bit myself as I am scared that FT3 may go over now on the dose I am taking. Does anyone know if I need to cut down on the T3 or the thyroxine. Any advice appreciated.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Cassandra,

No need to panic, FT3 is within range. If it tips over range at your next test reducing Levothyroxine by 12.5mcg should drop it back into range. Y

our results on 100mcg T4 + 20mcg T3 are excellent. I imagine your GP is faffing about the suppressed TSH. There's no need to worry about it. Insist your GP gets your endocrinologist's approval before adjusting your medication.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

You may also like...